Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Require User Authentication for Each Job

Hey guys I had a customer call in today. Her employees have all entered user authentication credentials into the driver dialog and hit apply. Now they are saved as default. Is there a way to force them to enter credentials. I've seen IT at jobs i've worked at lock certain options in print drivers I just don't know how. Thanks in advance

Re: Require User Authentication for Each Job

Remove any entered authentication details (make sure you untick ass the username/password/usernumber boxes). Under Printer Properties -> Configuration -> Printing Policy -> Tick User Authentication. Now when the user first prints, it will ask for a user code. They can choose to save their own code or just enter one which will be forgotten when they log off.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Remove any entered authentication details (make sure you untick ass the username/password/usernumber boxes). Under Printer Properties -> Configuration -> Printing Policy -> Tick User Authentication. Now when the user first prints, it will ask for a user code. They can choose to save their own code or just enter one which will be forgotten when they log off.
    Thank you my friend I know how to do all that. Problem is she doesn't want them to be able to save the credentials. She wants it required on every print job without the option to save it.

In that case each user code will need to be entered manually into the printer driver. Otherwise they will have to invest in print management software, i.e. PaperCut, etc.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

If you use printing policy and user authentication there is no option to save it, will do exactly what you want.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by MattL View Post
    If you use printing policy and user authentication there is no option to save it, will do exactly what you want.
    I have looked at the properties>config section and I don't see printing policy guys. Is your experience from a Sharp driver or some other MFP?

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLOITGIO View Post
    I have looked at the properties>config section and I don't see printing policy guys. Is your experience from a Sharp driver or some other MFP?
    You, most likely, are using the universal driver. If you install the true driver (at least for most models) you will get this option.

Technician

You, most likely, are using the universal driver. If you install the true driver (at least for most models) you will get this option.
    Ruben your quick man. I just installed Windows 64 bit OS Driver Package for C-Jupiter2

I still don't see that option anywhere unfortunately.

This driver was from my Sharp-IDNC driver page.

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLOITGIO View Post
    Ruben your quick man. I just installed Windows 64 bit OS Driver Package for C-Jupiter2

I still don't see that option anywhere unfortunately.

This driver was from my Sharp-IDNC driver page.
    Just installed the driver, doesn't look like this model supports that feature. You could try installing a different model, most drivers are cross-compatiable, but there is no guarantee that it will always work.

Technician

Just installed the driver, doesn't look like this model supports that feature. You could try installing a different model, most drivers are cross-compatiable, but there is no guarantee that it will always work.
    Do you know of a specific color driver that has the feature before I start guessing?