Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    arecar88

Re: [SMB] Can't get SMB to work Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLOITGIO View Post
    Have you tried pinging your tserver from the mfp?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I can ping the Tserver or even my laptop when I am directly connected to it.

arecar88

I understand regarding the Windows settings change, but I disable the firewall so I can eliminate that, I use the IP address no need of Netbio. By me connecting directly to it I am by-passing the network and DNS and stuff so theoretically it should only need IP/Subnet at best gateway.

I am still getting that code. On another note on this same thread I read that the naming of the user should be

Workgroup\name\folder

is that the name to use Im comfuse with that.

Guys I really need a hand, if pressing start and you immediately get the code, does that say the machine is not even trying to send but more of a corrupted firmware issue? If it is please inform me where I can download and how to install I am trying all my options to get this thing running. Pics of setup would help if you have it. I will pay for all the work with Bit-coins lol J/K, with a lot of thanks form a fellow tech.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

If you are a sharp dealer you would know the frimware is on IDNC along with instructions. If not you are going to have a tuff time finding frimware here.

Technician
    Yeah its port 463 on windows 8. The only issue I ever had was server not found. Your settings must be off. Also update fw as said above. Sharp-idncservice.com gonna need your tech account.

Technician
    Also what do you mean by directly connected? Crossover cable?

arecar88

Using a Crossover,

Im not a sharp dealer or tech, I been a Ricoh Tech for 14 years and my sister ended up buying a business that came with a sharp copier. All I want is to set the MFP to scan to folder. I done many setups for scanning to folder on Ricoh Machines, pretty much everything should be very similar as far as setting up the folder and giving rights to the folder, disabling firewall or AV, if I disable the firewall all ports pretty much should be open and I should be able to scan.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    [SMB] Can't get SMB to work Windows 7

I saw a bizarre issue with Windows 8 (server 2012) and an MX2700N similar to what you're describing. CE-00 error when trying SMB scans, but would print and scan fine. We had some custom firmware from Sharp that upgraded SMB scanning protocol to SMB 3 (because it couldn't be left working by Microsoft, of course).

The issue was with the receiving folder being on a computer that was assigned a static IP address. When we opened up the command prompt after assigning the static IP, the admin folder path in the command prompt would be missing and no operations could be performed within command prompt unless it was ordered to open as an administrator while being assigned an IP address via DHCP.

Unfortunately I can't be more helpful as to a resolution due to me not having any Windows 8 PCs/laptops available for my usage, and I was only working in a different branch of our office for a short period when we stumbled across this. I have next to no experience with W8 other than telling people to avoid it like the plague lest they be subjected to Vista 2.0.

If you can draw some conclusions or if this helps any way at all, great. If not, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arecar88 View Post
    Hey guys help please. I have a similar problem and I come from the Ricoh side of copiers and have no Idea about sharp. I am trying to scan to folder to a windows 8 machine, I have created a folder in the C:/ and share as I been doing on any Ricoh, I disable the firewall and any AV, I also shared under the public folder and gave all the rights to everyone, once I go to copier and hit scan to that folder I get a CE-00

I have by-pass the network by connecting directly to my laptop and I am still getting the same code, I read from this thread to upload new FW, can you guys provide me instructions on how and where to get the file, I come from the Ricoh side and again have no idea how to upgrade firmware. If firmware is not necessary what is the correct way to name the log in credentials

below is the way I have it setup, the machine is part of a workgroup please please please help.

path- \\mypc\myscans
    username- tserver
    password- password

I also had

path - \\192.168.1.10\myscans
    username-tserver
    password- password
    You should be able to get the correct path and username info from the shared folder's Properties. Right-click the folder, select Properties and go to the Sharing tab. It should show you the Network Path there. Copy and paste it into the scan destination in the copier. It should be something like your \\mypc\myscans, but I would change the "mypc" part to the copier's IP address until you get it working. Once it is working, I would go with the computer name and test again.

You can also generally get the correct username syntax by clicking on the Security tab of the scan folder's Properties. In the group or user names box, find the user that you want to use and ensure that the user has the correct permissions. If you look at the user name, it may be something like TServer (mypc\Tserver) or TServer (tserver@mydomain). You want the part that is inside the parentheses.

As an alternative, you can always try FTP. There are plenty of free FTP servers on the web with good documentation on how to set them up.

I am including some instructions for setting up WarFTP (www.warftp.org). WarFTP-SharpSetup.pdf

Good luck.

Edit: I haven't tested WarFTP on Windows 8, but should probably work. I'll test when I get some free time at work (which would be sometime in July)

arecar88

Thanks I will try that, but one question in one of the steps it reads

Add Scan Folder to user groups- Is that a folder I need to create or in the software it allows me to make that folder name scan

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

In that step, you need to create the folder first. The software is a little clunky (it's free!) in that area and doesn't let you browse for or create folders.

So, in Windows, create the folder and write down the path to it. Then enter the information into the program.

For example, if you created a SharpScans folder in the root of C: drive, the path would be C:\SharpScans.

Basically this step involves mapping that C:\SharpScans folder to a "mount point" called /Scans. The outside world would only know it was sending a file to the /Scans directory, but it would have no idea exactly where that location is on your PC. (Very helpful if you had 20 different copiers scanning to the /Scans directory and you had to move the real directory. You simply update the /Scans mount point in WarFTP, instead of updating paths in 20 copiers.)