Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

[SMB] Can't get SMB to work Windows 7

Hey guys I know I'm on here a lot but I get real world answers here and I'm a learning tech. I can't get SMB to work on a Sharp MX-5001N. I have shared the fodler, shared the entire PC for that matter, removed password protected sharing, changed security policies, opened up the SMB port 445 inbound and outbound just to be sure, opened port 139 just in case, tried setting a password on the PC and turning password protect back on, tried using WORKGROUP/user as username, tried every possible path format I could think of. I get error CE-00. Can you guys chime in if you have had this prob. Thanks

Re: [SMB] Can't get SMB to work Windows 7

Make sure the firmware is up to date, the latest version is at 05.00.J2; there has been some fixes for Windows 7 scanning in this version so it should be working. Disable Windows Live Essentials, firewall and anti-virus to test. Also, if the PC is on a domain use a domain qualified name for the username e.g. domain/username or username@domain.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Make sure the firmware is up to date, the latest version is at 05.00.J2; there has been some fixes for Windows 7 scanning in this version so it should be working. Disable Windows Live Essentials, firewall and anti-virus to test. Also, if the PC is on a domain use a domain qualified name for the username e.g. domain/username or username@domain.
    Updating FW now...

Update: Thank you Ruben I thought it was on the latest FW until I checked it. Seems that although you have not set a domain, it only works if you use the default domain which of-course is WORKGROUP/username. It seems to take a bit to login to the server but after that the file shoots over instantly. Thank you for your help my friend.
    Last edited by EXPLOITGIO; 10-25-2013 at 10:23 PM.

arecar88

Hey guys help please. I have a similar problem and I come from the Ricoh side of copiers and have no Idea about sharp. I am trying to scan to folder to a windows 8 machine, I have created a folder in the C:/ and share as I been doing on any Ricoh, I disable the firewall and any AV, I also shared under the public folder and gave all the rights to everyone, once I go to copier and hit scan to that folder I get a CE-00

I have by-pass the network by connecting directly to my laptop and I am still getting the same code, I read from this thread to upload new FW, can you guys provide me instructions on how and where to get the file, I come from the Ricoh side and again have no idea how to upgrade firmware. If firmware is not necessary what is the correct way to name the log in credentials

below is the way I have it setup, the machine is part of a workgroup please please please help.

path- \\mypc\myscans
    username- tserver
    password- password

I also had

path - \\192.168.1.10\myscans
    username-tserver
    password- password

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by arecar88 View Post
    Hey guys help please. I have a similar problem and I come from the Ricoh side of copiers and have no Idea about sharp. I am trying to scan to folder to a windows 8 machine, I have created a folder in the C:/ and share as I been doing on any Ricoh, I disable the firewall and any AV, I also shared under the public folder and gave all the rights to everyone, once I go to copier and hit scan to that folder I get a CE-00

I have by-pass the network by connecting directly to my laptop and I am still getting the same code, I read from this thread to upload new FW, can you guys provide me instructions on how and where to get the file, I come from the Ricoh side and again have no idea how to upgrade firmware. If firmware is not necessary what is the correct way to name the log in credentials

below is the way I have it setup, the machine is part of a workgroup please please please help.

path- \\mypc\myscans
    username- tserver
    password- password

I also had

path - \\192.168.1.10\myscans
    username-tserver
    password- password
    You have an unknown communication error. Can you ping the mfp IP?

arecar88

The MFP scans to email just fine it prints perfect, the problem is with scanning to folder. The moment I press scan no matter what path or naming convention I have it gives out that code almost instantly after I press scan. I would think that if the problem resides on any of the path or firewall it will at least show me a small gap to allow it to fail but it happens immediately the moment i press scan.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

What model

arecar88

MX2600N

Technician
    Have you tried pinging your tserver from the mfp?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

TCP over netbios has to be turned on in network adapter settings in win 8 or win 7, sharps use port 139 for smb which is net bios over TCP , win 8 is using port 4xx (can't remember exact port).also settings need to be changed in windows firewall. On road so don't have info handy, had same issue with win 7 home and is working now with settings. You can also search the forums for the info, as it has been discussed often.