Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Dwells

MXC381 Scanner misalignment

I have a mxc381 only done about 6k total. does great quality prints, but copying and scanning on glass or through feeder the result is misaligned.
    I have gone trough the whole calibration process both service and customer processes but no joy.
    Any suggesstions gratefull.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: MXC381 Scanner misalignment

Two things come to mind;

1. Scanner unit is not square (adjustment procedure item so I would think you checked this)

2. Scanner bed is tweaked slightly. Don't know if this adjustment is in the manual or not. Very touchy adjustment if you are not a tech, even if you are a tech proceed with CAUTION as these are red screw adjustments. Only do this as a last resort after checking everything and I mean everything else!!!

Good luck.

Bil

Dwells

Re: MXC381 Scanner misalignment

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    Two things come to mind;

1. Scanner unit is not square (adjustment procedure item so I would think you checked this)

2. Scanner bed is tweaked slightly. Don't know if this adjustment is in the manual or not. Very touchy adjustment if you are not a tech, even if you are a tech proceed with CAUTION as these are red screw adjustments. Only do this as a last resort after checking everything and I mean everything else!!!

Good luck.

Bil
    Thanks bill, and now you mention it copier has been used on a slant for the last 12 months or so. i did calibrate it on the flat though.

Might order whole new scan assembly and advise customer re; uneven floor.

Dave