Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

FO-2080 and Win7......

Hey there all...Im hoping I can get some help with this. My goal is to put a FO-2080 on the network and print to it from Win7 workstations. When I attempt to install the drivers using the required CDs I receive a message that says the drivers do not support my current OS (Win7) and only support Vista, XP and 2000 if I recall correctly. At that point Im asked to restart the workstation. Then I reenter setup through the CDs and attempt to assign an IP address to the 2080. At this point the 2080 is not recognized and Im stuck. I realize the simple answer is "No" Win7 is not supported, so Im wondering if there is anyone with success in this situation. Thanks for the help.

Re: FO-2080 and Win7......

If you download either the x86 or x64 (depending on what version of Windows 7 you are running) drivers from here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupp...?model=FO-2080 the readmes say they are compatiable with Windows 7.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I don't recall whether it's 32 or 64 bit and I will give those a try. had anyone used these drivers in place of the install CDs?? thanks for the link. will definitely give a try next time out

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    FO-2080 and Win7......

The CDs install the old GDI drivers, and with the release of the 2310 Sharp has moved to SPLC, pretty much the same thing. Shouldn't be a problem with them.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

so my next question is whether the new drivers provide an opportunity/ interface to assign an ip address to the 2080 as the CDs? the 2080 is an odd duck in that it does not provide this at the device interface.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    FO-2080 and Win7......

Quote Originally Posted by teklife256 View Post
    so my next question is whether the new drivers provide an opportunity/ interface to assign an ip address to the 2080 as the CDs? the 2080 is an odd duck in that it does not provide this at the device interface.
    I couldn't say, I have yet to use the SPLC drivers with one of these machines. I would have to imagine so...
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Use the old CD on a laptop with a crossover cable connected directly to the copier to assign the IP address.