Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Sharp SF-2530 will not make full copies - service questions -

Do the sudden stop as previously suggested. If image on drum is good use a short piece of wire to ground the transfer corona channel. We used to attach one end to a screw that attaches the end block to the channel and the other end to machine frame. Worked great on many models including this one.

billcaleb

Thanks, CCS, oldrn, draph, et al..

It's been a busy week; thus the delay in posting. I'm still working at it though...

I'm pretty sure that the DV unit is working. I'm still not certain where the problem with the SF-2530 lies, but it looks to be a transfer problem, since the drum acquires toner from the DV. (see below)

I understand the patience, anger management, and persistence required but I've been blessed with an abundance of each It does make sense for the church to not waste $$ on supplies, parts, etc. and go directly for a replacement machine that will meet their needs more cost-efficiently. They use only one size stock as a rule and have never used any of the advanced features of the SF-2530 or any of the added options.

brewster67: I've done the sky copy (lid up, no document on glass) and emergency stop--the drum was covered with toner and there was almost nothing on the paper that went through during the procedure. So, there is transfer problem.

draph: 'Ground[ing] the transfer corona channel' sounds like it might be a possible quick work-around 'fix.' I need to figure out where to attach the wire to ground the transfer corona channel.

If I understand this action: I would run a short wire from the [metal]channel that the transfer corona wire sits in to a good chassis ground nearby. (I've attached images of the "Transfer/Separation Charger Unit" AKA "Transfer/Separation Corona Unit.") I should locate a screw that makes contact with the metal channel and attach the wire to that point. Am I understanding this correctly?

There is simulation 08-07 which delivers ~30 seconds of separation corona output and a voltmeter should read 0VDC +- 10V measuring "SHVG" from test-point "BCDCCP" located at the rear of the machine, with adj made to VR502 as necessary. Seems as if the wire on the transfer corona channel would assist that subsystem by helping pull the transfer/separation charger wire toward ground, capacitively.

There is also simulation 08-06 that delivers ~30 seconds of "transfer corona output [TSM]" but that must be charge on the drum since the manual states that a meter should read "42uA +- 4uA (F/R difference: Max: +- 5uA)."

After I get it to make a copy of some sort I can move on from there.

Additionally, it's good to be aware of Paul's justmanuals service. But I think I have enough documentation on hand for this and it's unlikely I'll ever run into another SF-2530.

Thanks everyone for the assistance. I'll keep posting here until resolution.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Somebody with better memory than mine, it seems like some of the older Sharp's transfer & separation coronas would glow a faint blue when in simulation mode if the lights were dimmed enough. I don't know if that is true for this model.

Might seem like an obvious thing but is the transfer/separation charger assembly in the up position? It seems like I had some where the gears would strip on the mechanism for raising that assembly and even if the handle was up, it didn't move the assembly. Gravity can still cause separation but it won't help with transfer.

Greater Philadelphia Equipment Company's recent off-lease machine list has some real good prices on low copy count AR-M257 & 310 machines that might fit this situation. We have sold a few of these to churches as a low cost option. I can send you more information in case you want to save some of that patience & anger control for the drive home.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp SF-2530 will not make full copies - service questions -

Yes, now that I think back, the green transport section handle would either break or strip a gear tooth or jump one or 2 teeth causing transport section that holds t/s corona unit to not seat all the way up properly to the drum. Take the screw out directly in front of the handle where you can remove handle and re-install handle at different levels and play around with the gear teeth alignment for it to raise the transport section to the proper height, which is all the way up against the drum unit.
    Also the transport section is spring-loaded on the under side, the tab that the spring hooks to will always break and then the section will not raise up properly to meet the fuser, but that is more on the front frame side and just cause jamming. Sometimes when short on parts in the field we would ball up a sheet of paper to just shove under the transport section to hold it up so machine would run till return with parts.

Don't get caught up with trying to adjust voltages and check transfer/sep. voltages and stuff on this machine, as for the past 26 years I have never had to do that. You are looking for something more on the mechanical side I believe.
    Last edited by CCS; 11-09-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldrn View Post
    ... Might seem like an obvious thing but is the transfer/separation charger assembly in the up position? It seems like I had some where the gears would strip on the mechanism for raising that assembly and even if the handle was up, it didn't move the assembly. Gravity can still cause separation but it won't help with transfer. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS View Post
    Yes, now that I think back, the green transport section handle would either break or strip a gear tooth or jump one or 2 teeth causing transport section that holds t/s corona unit to not seat all the way up properly to the drum. Take the screw out directly in front of the handle where you can remove handle and re-install handle at different levels and play around with the gear teeth alignment for it to raise the transport section to the proper height, which is all the way up against the drum unit. ... Don't get caught up with trying to adjust voltages and check transfer/sep. voltages and stuff on this machine, as for the past 26 years I have never had to do that. You are looking for something more on the mechanical side I believe.
    I agree with both these comments. These machines were well known for getting the handle sector gear just a few teeth out of time, so the bed did not lift quite high enough. I'd focus on that. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Try putting it in manual mode. These machines would make partial copies in auto exposure mode when the supply life was overdue.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

billcaleb

Sharp SF-2530 will not make full copies - service questions --transfer_separation_corona_unit_sf2530-jpg

Sharp SF-2530 will not make full copies - service questions --transfer_charge_unit_sf2530-jpg

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by billcaleb; 11-12-2013 at 11:48 PM.

billcaleb

I had trouble uploading the images...

Trying again:

transfer_charge_unit_sf2530.jpgtransfer_separation_corona_unit_sf2530.jpg

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

As far as I know, Bill, we're still not able to upload images. We were hacked about a week ago, and are still recovering.
    But the moderator is working on it.

Sorry about the inconvenience. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    As far as I know, Bill, we're still not able to upload images. We were hacked about a week ago, and are still recovering.
    But the moderator is working on it.

Sorry about the inconvenience. =^..^=
    The problem is that the image is being saved as a link. I use Firefox. Right click on link. Click on "Save Link As" and save the image file. Open the file.