Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    CraigWells

FO-2080 Sharp pulls developer onto the transfer unit. Change DV DRUM R.Door, NO LUCK

I've seen the other thread about FO-2080 developer pull. So I've replaced the developer, drum, R. side door, TC unit. The high voltage checks normal. So it must be fixed by now... I WISH.

Any thoughts out there.

How about developer cleaning seal? Main corona ?

How about developer cleaning seal and main grid?

CraigWells

Re: FO-2080 Sharp pulls developer onto the transfer unit. Change DV DRUM R.Door, NO L

Quote Originally Posted by lky1978 View Post
    How about developer cleaning seal and main grid?
    Yep. By Drum & DV change I mean FO-55ND & DR (entire units) so I've cleaned house.

Re: FO-2080 Sharp pulls developer onto the transfer unit. Change DV DRUM R.Door, NO L

We are having same issue with the AR208. Even replaced HVU PWB. Still pulls developer. Not sure what else to try.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hey all, Im working on a FO-2080 that is pulling dv. The dv is deposited on the paper in lines front to back at a frequency of a single revolution of the drum. The dv does makes it way to the transfer corona as well. Three weeks ago I replaced the toner/dv unit. At the time the problem seemed to be resolved until yesterday.

The MC looks good and the drum looks good. Im headed back today to provide a loaner until I can sort it out.

Ideas where I can go from here?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Fortunately, I was able to get the customer a loaner and brought the F0-2080 back to the shop for diagnosis. The toner/dev cartridge was replaced about three weeks and I just replaced the drum cartridge in the shop with a new unit. The problem seems to have been resolved but I wonder if there is an underlying issue. The drum cartridge looks like it has about 8500 clicks on it according to the machines meter.

Any ideas? The last I want is to get a call back in few weeks for the return of the dev pull problem. With the machine in the shop it affords me some time to diagnose.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Just wanted to update that I resolved the issue by replacing the drum. While it looked brand new I was able to narrow it to down by process of elimination.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    FO-2080 Sharp pulls developer onto the transfer unit. Change DV DRUM R.Door, NO LUCK

Quote Originally Posted by teklife256 View Post
    Just wanted to update that I resolved the issue by replacing the drum. While it looked brand new I was able to narrow it to down by process of elimination.
    Thanks for the update! Not too terribly often there's a resolution posted so long after the thread dies.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?