Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mxm753 sppd_1 2

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: mxm753 sppd_1 2

Just wanted to post this problem came back on my machine. I am frustrated at Sharp because they don't know what to do. I am currently pushing other makes out the door at the moment.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    mxm753 sppd_1 2

Are your jam codes S or N? If S, they may not be returning to original position fast enough and may require more tension on the spring that resets the flag.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

sppd1_s and sppd2_n jams. Adding a spring wrap to the sppd1 sensor flag was the first thing I tried.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    mxm753 sppd_1 2

Other options I can think of are, exchange the prefeed roller, (Its the prefeed roller from a mx850rt, # to come...) to a ribbed prefeed, rather than a tire style. There is one that works better than the original prefeed roller, however is not the original or in the ar620df kit. If I can, I use it but comes with extra cost, because of trashing the prefeed from the 620df, and having to carry it extra, just to do a spf roller change. I only use this when the cust is high DSPF feed (due to extra cost). Next wold be turning on the slow dspf feed setting in the system settings, for image send.. A slow feeder is better than a chronic jammer, plus scan quality is (slightly) better too. And if the cust runs a lot of longer lengths then, half the expected life of an ar620df. ( 8.5x11, I only expect 60k to 100k on the 620df kit) Next, cheat the upper DSPF cover, and use sim 2 to drive the sppd1 reg roller and the sppd2 reg roller to clean them, with towel and cleanser.
    Where the heck is my spring hook?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

you can also try ordering the paper feed unit part #CGIDM2169DS53 .hopes this helps

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

here is a list of things i tried. added spring wrap to sensor flag. checked torque limiter for cracks. made sure firmware was up to date. replaced upper paper feed guide unit. replaced dspf driver and control pcb. unpatient salesman and customer have drove me nuts. given up and turned the problem over to maufacturer.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    mxm753 sppd_1 2

I don't have one of those machines in my office here, so I don't quite remember the doc feeder - is there a clear mylar tab in between the pickup and feed rollers?

I just had the dumbest problem with a 310 that wound up being the mylar being bent upwards.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Technician

If it means anything I'm having the same issue with two new MXM653, Its a Title company running letter-R and legal docs, mixed originals. They scan to network folder. The transaction report for the SMB folder scan says "original error" and at the panel it indicate 'communication error", Jam code SPPD-1-2 or 3_N and sometime _S.

I eliminated their network and scanned directly to a share on my laptop with the same results same messages. I'm now seeing this is just a jam at the ADF. I replaced feed tire kit for that model, scotched the shaft but noticed 2 days later the shaft was oily, I run one-ways dry. Seems the new roller one-ways are pre oiled. Cleaned it out with alcohol today re-rescotched the shaft. Time will tell. This bites!

I'm glad I researched this issue as I now believe it's a manufacturer defect. One of my customers got a brand new mxm753 last may and within 2days were calling in about constant jamming issues at the doc feeder.

I tore that thing apart looking for anything that might be causing the issue. My ultimate fix on it was to bend the paper feed PG top reinforce plate down in the middle to put a little more pressure on the feed rollers.

The reason I'm just now researching is I just had to do it again but it has solved the issue again.....for now.....

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    mxm753 sppd_1 2

Yes, I too believe its a manufacture defect. I have about 20 placed at different locations all exhibiting the same jams. What i have noticed is the original tray doesnt quite come high enough at times causing the pickup roller not to touch the stack. What we have done is trimming the actuator to make the tray lift higher, removed the rubber guiide on top of reverse roller, added more downward pressure to pickup roller by cutting coil on spring and playing with resist amount. All have seemed to help . I have contacted our sharp rep and posted to my call ticket, if everyone calls in and makes a call ticket and complain maybe sharp will investugate it.