Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Re: MX4101N Possible main drive issue

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Take the belt out, take off the cleaning unit and remove the gear. Same way you would take off the main gear if performing the primary belt maintenance. Inspect the inside of the gear, particularly around the corners, as cracks may not always be blatantly visible.
    Thanks Akitu,

It is a brand new transfer belt..... I've replaced the primary belt to no effect. I will still look just in case it was defective.

I misread your first post I thought you were asking me to check the gear in the copier that drives the primary transfer unit.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MX4101N Possible main drive issue

I had a 2300 do the same thing, I had only just replaced the primary belt with a brand new unit from Sharp, not a rebuild. Did less than 5k copies before the gear died and threw all my jobs out of whack. I went ape thinking it was the laser and finally the drive assembly before giving in and checking the belt gear - and subsequently kicking myself.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

64-5 should render 2 sheets; what does the mono alignment look like?
    Have you tried 61-4, K image skew?
    There is no adjust screw for K on this model. If black is off, colors will be off.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

There is no adjust screw for K on this model. If black is off, colors will be off..................... It is the scale slider and rod for the whole lsu positioning, you have to remove it, to pull an lsu out of that model. set it first and adj color second.. ADJ5-A
    Last edited by Nachoman4life; 12-04-2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: added adj num
    Where the heck is my spring hook?

Thanks Everyone for the ideas. I'll be looking at this machine in the next couple days and will let you know if any of the adjustments resolve the issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

This same issue happened to me on a 5500. It turned out to be the primary transfer gear was cracked. Were you able to come up with a solution?

Wink Re: MX4101N Possible main drive issue

Hi Akitu, I was not able to fix this. I currently have the machine at my office and the customer got another one.

When you say the primary transfer gear do you mean the one attached to the transfer belt or the one inside the copier driving the primary transfer unit? I've replaced the transfer belt twice and that did not do anything.

I'd love to actually fix this thing

Cheers

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

When you replaced the primary transfer unit, you installed a brand new mx-410U1 ? The gear is attached to the primary transfer unit, see attachment.

When you perform 50-22 you don't have a NG R4.8(example) in any of the results on the display.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, I replaced that gear on the transfer belt initially and then I replaced the whole belt with a brand new one. Both times exactly the same.

If I run Sim 50-22 I get the all good, however they do move quite a bit if you run once and then right again lets say k goes from -2 to plus 3 and back etc. Every time you print a page the issue repeats itself exactly the same as before. It is not random, which leads me to a physical problem. I'm thinking there must be a gear between the primary transfer unit engage gear and the motor that turns it. It has to have many small teeth and I'm thinking stripped teeth. I'm expecting this gear to do 2 full rotations per one full transfer belt rotation. The odd thing is I don't hear any noise or grinding....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

did you do 61-4 and measure the document , this sets the main position of the LSU along with black as you have to physically move the LSU . Also 44-13 and 44-2 need to be done, these are the reg and density sensors for the transfer belt. The adjustment section of the manual has you do these settings in certain order. Th transfer belt is driven by a stepping motor , the motor drives the gear that connects into the main transfer belt gear, the gear on the transfer belt is the one that normally breaks, the gear driven by the belt motor I have not seen break(but anything is possible.) The reg/density sensor unit controls belt speed and write timing in the lsu and drum speed? .