Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mx-pex2 (fiery fried... doesn't boot....want to disable fiery)

mx-pex2 (fiery fried... doesn't boot....want to disable fiery)

hi y'all... I am working on a sharp mx7000... it has a mx-pex2 fiery installed... the fiery will not power up... the customer got the machine as a gift and really doesn't care if the fiery works... they just want to print from the copier if the fiery is dead... I am a copier tech... love the stuff... but I cann't figure out how to install the fiery... I just need to disable the fiery and plug the network cable directly into the printer and print... I tried unplugging the fiery... unplugging the crossover and the parallel cable... no luck... I have been in the service manual... the fiery service manual... nothing... can anyone help...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Re: mx-pex2 (fiery fried... doesn't boot....want to disable fiery)

Quote Originally Posted by n25an View Post
    hi y'all... I am working on a sharp mx7000... it has a mx-pex2 fiery installed... the fiery will not power up... the customer got the machine as a gift and really doesn't care if the fiery works... they just want to print from the copier if the fiery is dead... I am a copier tech... love the stuff... but I cann't figure out how to install the fiery... I just need to disable the fiery and plug the network cable directly into the printer and print... I tried unplugging the fiery... unplugging the crossover and the parallel cable... no luck... I have been in the service manual... the fiery service manual... nothing... can anyone help...
    Pull out the MFP Pwb. unplug the interface cable and remove the interface unit from the MFP pwb. Reinstall MFP and connect network cable. Then program as normal. You can remove or leave fiery if desired.