Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Angry (MX3640N) not printing

Hi folks;
    I met the same model sharp MX3640N today to solve the single problem "not printing" from computer, I spent hours but unable to figure out. I feel humble to ask some advice, as I have been successful in configuring network setting hundred times for all Ricoh machines.

switching from DHCP to static, reset Nic , test page can be printed out from the machine only, but unable to print it from PC, re-installed the drriver, Win8 Pro, built in driver,still says "error" in queue , job status show nothing. computer and the machine can ping each other,

One thing made me puzzle is that "WINS" from network service is blank. but the printout test page show host IP address 255 (like 192.168.2.255) and marked * besides, obviously it is broadcasting . And further I can NOT open web monitor from URL address . Windows Network Discovery listing the machine. problem is that customer don't want to say anything if their computer or switch or router has made something. I have to check one by one.

Thanks

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Aries2 (MX3640N) just placed

Re: (MX3640N) not printing

Quote Originally Posted by peterxu256 View Post
    Hi folks;
    I met the same model sharp MX3640N today to solve the single problem "not printing" from computer, I spent hours but unable to figure out. I feel humble to ask some advice, as I have been successful in configuring network setting hundred times for all Ricoh machines.

switching from DHCP to static, reset Nic , test page can be printed out from the machine only, but unable to print it from PC, re-installed the drriver, Win8 Pro, built in driver,still says "error" in queue , job status show nothing. computer and the machine can ping each other,

One thing made me puzzle is that "WINS" from network service is blank. but the printout test page show host IP address 255 (like 192.168.2.255) and marked * besides, obviously it is broadcasting . And further I can NOT open web monitor from URL address . Windows Network Discovery listing the machine. problem is that customer don't want to say anything if their computer or switch or router has made something. I have to check one by one.

Thanks
    You may have conflicting IP addresses on your network.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: Aries2 (MX3640N) just placed

If it is Windows 8, you most likely got a WSD printer port. Avoid that port type like an Ebola sandwich.
    When you install the driver, if you choose to "discover" the device, you get a WSD port.
    Instead, choose the manual install, enter the actual IP address; you will have much fewer issues.
    Also, set the port settings to LPR, enable byte counting and name the queue lp. Picture below.
    Sharp Port Settings.JPG
    You can also hook a laptop direct to the machine and test the NIC card and print functions. If that works, it is the network.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    If it is Windows 8, you most likely got a WSD printer port. Avoid that port type like an Ebola sandwich.
    When you install the driver, if you choose to "discover" the device, you get a WSD port.
    Instead, choose the manual install, enter the actual IP address; you will have much fewer issues.
    Also, set the port settings to LPR, enable byte counting and name the queue lp. Picture below.
    Sharp Port Settings.JPG
    You can also hook a laptop direct to the machine and test the NIC card and print functions. If that works, it is the network.

I've been sending the machines out with WSD disabled in the Port settings of the Security drop down.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Sharp Port Settings.JPG

I took a call on this today on a Lexmark. The regional IT and I talked for a few minutes. He said that something kept crashing the server. He had narrowed it down to the Lexmark print spooler, generating 6 million million bits of data, consuming all of the servers virtual memory. I found a one page print job stuck the the queue, WSD port, that kept generating seemingly limitless print data, but didn't print at the machine. All I did is switch from the WSD port to the IPv6 hostname port. The job printed, end of problem. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I had to replace a touch sensitive Home button once. Due to getting shocked. MFP located on carpet.

To get around it I used the F11 key as the home key.
    Which for some reason no one seems to know.

F11 = Home