Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Katun brand toners?

You're boss should spend more time planning how to increase revenue than to cutting cost via discount toner.

I assume he plans on billing customer o.e.m price? Should be thrown in jail

Not so bad if compare with other CHINA brand.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Katun brand toners?

Re: Katun brand toners?

It really depends on the box. With the AR-M 350/355 and MX-M 350 series I've had good luck with Katun, and the off brand no-name Chinese stuff as well. But the bigger AR-M/MX-M 550 no dice, OEM all the way. It's a matter of testing........

Technician

After repeat issues, we've finally stopped using the color cartridges. They are still going to try the black Katun toners on the smaller copiers, so I guess its a small victory.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

In a competitive market place I won't blame the suits for trying to save money with the Katun toners. From what I have read here Katun seems to work out on select machines. Any success with Katun on perhaps B402s, Mx503s, etc?

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Katun brand toners?

I've only used Katun toners on the ARM350/450 machines with limited success. I wouldn't trust colour, nor would I trust them with the smaller machines. Keep in mind, regardless of the product you'll always get what you pay for...
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Technician

We only use them on machines under maint. The only other models I've noticed issues on where the arm355/455-mx350/450 and anything using the ar200nt cartridge. And those were hit and misses. The color is the only one with major issues, but why take the chance?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quality has a price tag. A few years back with a prior employer we tried non-oem toners and the result was but successful. Today, I have a hp LaserJet 5550dtn that seems to chew up no name non-oem color cartridges. The motive to save money is understandable.

Expert 50+ Posts Raoufselwaness's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Katun brand toners?

Hi there;
    just before any word I was working for KATUN as sales rep. in Egypt and North Africa.
    I used to use KATUN supplies for the last 14 years in canon and sharp copiers.
    for canon it was very close to OEM supplies the diff. in quality is much smaller than in price. som times with some products
    like the famous np6650 toner and fuser rollers it was better!!!. The same for sharp drum dev and toner with fuser rollers.
    of course the quality was decreased after changing there suppliers from USA to china, but still worth if you in full service contract. But for color USE ONLY OEM SUPPLIES IN ANY BRAND.

this is my opinion
    Raouf Selwaness

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have tried Katun supplies on and off for years. My opinion is they have cost me a lot more money than I have ever saved. Other than cleaning blades and some drums I use just about all O.E.M product. Everything seems to last longer and machines run cleaner.