Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar

Re: U6-00 on a Sharp MX-B402, with CSX1 and 2 CSX2 units

have seen this before. intermitent for about 6 months, another tech replaced the cassette pwb but did not seem to work. i went out after and assumed the other tech did it correctly and double checked his work. i was wrong... after spending hours checking everything realized that the previous tech did not push the connectors all the way till they clicked. pushed all the connectors in all the way on cassette pwb and has been over 2 months now without any problems.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    U6-00 on a Sharp MX-B402, with CSX1 and 2 CSX2 units

With due respect to the 'other tech', you have to start from scratch, and not assume anything.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar

usually dont assume, but this was a good tech, we have plenty others that the first thing i do is check all the work they already done. oh well just glad it turned out to be somthing simple

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Step #2 is: PCU ... or power quality analyzer? =^..^=
    Step #2 is still being formulated. ha

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Go to the webpage and download and inspect the job log. It will tell you EVERYTHING, including date, time, job name and file type, PC it came from, error cause, etc....
    I take what the customer tells me and compare it with the job log when I have no starting point.

We got this and are going to try and see if we can figure anything out from it

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertoast View Post
    have seen this before. intermitent for about 6 months, another tech replaced the cassette pwb but did not seem to work. i went out after and assumed the other tech did it correctly and double checked his work. i was wrong... after spending hours checking everything realized that the previous tech did not push the connectors all the way till they clicked. pushed all the connectors in all the way on cassette pwb and has been over 2 months now without any problems.
    When the code came back, it's my understanding the tech was in the area and stopped in to check it out. He re-traced his steps on his own and reconnected/reseated connections...etc

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    With due respect to the 'other tech', you have to start from scratch, and not assume anything.
    Yep, if the problems continue and I am again called onsite, I will certainly follow this protocol.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Checking the log. I am seeing a whole slew of 212 errors which says:

There’s no selected output tray. Delivery section * Please check the driver option settings.The requested job could not be completed correctly due
    to the following reason:
    (Selected output tray:No function)

This system has an FN12 inner finisher, CSX1 and 2 CSX2. So, yeah, sounds like we have a communication/board issue still. Just thinking out loud, seems the MFP loses tray settings (as mentioned previously.... tray says empty and has paper, and also will not change paper size...etc), so it seems logical that it would also "lose" the output setting and cause the "confusion". The interesting thing I see above is that it says to check the driver option. I personally did an autoconfig on all the PC's so that shouldn't be an issue, but I am wondering if someone didn't click something they shouldn't have at some point. Although the job log shows the 212 error coming from just about every PC they have.... so likely still a board issue.

I'm still wondering about the original trouble code (U6-00) and how/if it relates to the 212 errors on the job log.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

go into sim 23-2 and print out the report, shows date and time of jams and should show also errors. 212 error is usually the end user , picking the wrong size or type of paper(or the application some apps like MS office will override the driver settings and pick the wrong size, type or tray) the mfp doesn't have it and just shows add paper. do the paper trays work in copy mode and their issue is more when printing ? Get quite a few calls for add paper and paper trays are full when printing. Have the customer go into job status, then details, the screen should show size and or type that is being requested. on some mfp's you can select the paper you want to print on in the job status screen.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faxman28 View Post
    go into sim 23-2 and print out the report, shows date and time of jams and should show also errors. 212 error is usually the end user , picking the wrong size or type of paper(or the application some apps like MS office will override the driver settings and pick the wrong size, type or tray) the mfp doesn't have it and just shows add paper. do the paper trays work in copy mode and their issue is more when printing ? Get quite a few calls for add paper and paper trays are full when printing. Have the customer go into job status, then details, the screen should show size and or type that is being requested. on some mfp's you can select the paper you want to print on in the job status screen.
    That is the report I am looking at, but it is my first time checking it out, so I am learning what all is in there. It does appear that the 212 errors are all print related.

The thing that still bothers me is talking to the customer on the phone while in front of the MFP, she said that tray 4 showed empty on the MFP display, but was full. Tray 4 is where they use 8X14 so I had her switch it up to tray 3. She said that tray 3 didn't reflect the paper size change, and also tray 2 said empty but had paper (at the MFP). So, while it was via phone and no telling what she was actually seeing, it's still a bit of an unknown.

The main issue seems to be that They get the U6-00 code, an the trays aren't communicating properly for some reason. It could be a driver issue or paper size issue, but the customer has had the machine for over a year without issues (or at least that we knew about) until recently. The job log capture seems to only go back about 6 months.

Looking at the log the 212 seems to happen from at least 4 different PC's, and on Letter-R and Legal sizes with the paper size set to Auto (in the log as original size). Although many do say "N/A" as original

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Logically, it seems to me that the PCU is losing communication with multiple accessories. Those accessories have three things in common:
    1) power supply
    2) PCU (CN5 and CN8)
    3) AC wall power
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Logically, it seems to me that the PCU is losing communication with multiple accessories. Those accessories have three things in common:
    1) power supply
    2) PCU (CN5 and CN8)
    3) AC wall power

Yep, seems that is where we will need to troubleshoot down to what is actually happening. Wish me luck