Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MXM453N not reading thumb drive

Has anyone run into problems with a MXM453 that has problems reading the thumb drive. This started out as an intermittent problem that would start working again with a machine reset. Know it doesn't see any thumb drive put in front or back usb port. I changed the little usb pwb on the ops panel, no change. I unplugged the the keyboard, no change. I flipped the bottom dip switch and tried the back usb port no luck. I replaced the ops panel as a whole unit. Is there something I'm missing or do I need to start replacing boards.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: MXM453N not reading thumb drive

Quote Originally Posted by brewster67 View Post
    Has anyone run into problems with a MXM453 that has problems reading the thumb drive. This started out as an intermittent problem that would start working again with a machine reset. Know it doesn't see any thumb drive put in front or back usb port. I changed the little usb pwb on the ops panel, no change. I unplugged the the keyboard, no change. I flipped the bottom dip switch and tried the back usb port no luck. I replaced the ops panel as a whole unit. Is there something I'm missing or do I need to start replacing boards.
    The USB converter board can cause freezing and lockups similar to this, but you should have been able to use the rear USB port if that were the case.

Keep in mind the copier will only read FAT32 or FAT16 formatted flash drives, if you're trying NTFS (default windows format as of W7) your flash drive will not be read...
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I thought about the USB converter board that is why I unplugged the keyboard, but that didn't make a difference. I checked my thumb drives and they work fine on the machine at the shop.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

I had a similar issue on a 3610 and the fix was an MFP board, no sh*%, the friggin main board.
    In my case, the front AND back also did not function. If you log into the copiers webpage, there is a link for inserted USB; in my case this also did not show up.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

check the usb hub board attached to the mother pwb(on machines with keyboard) or the mother pwb,(without keyboard) had both cause usb issues.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CorbinDallas's Avatar
    Files marked with the archive attribute cannot be seen by the MFP in the network browse or FTP search. Possible the files on the drive are marked for archive?

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Before getting into a complicated repair make sure your usb key is formatted correctly (NTFS formatted keys will not work)!

Also larger keys (over 8gb), depending on the brand can have issues being read as well.

I find 1-8gb keys formatted in Fat are most reliable in Sharp Copier Models.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon55 View Post
    Before getting into a complicated repair make sure your usb key is formatted correctly (NTFS formatted keys will not work)!

Also larger keys (over 8gb), depending on the brand can have issues being read as well.

I find 1-8gb keys formatted in Fat are most reliable in Sharp Copier Models.
    Thanks for the info. I tried multiple thumb drives and I verified that they worked in a machine at the shop.