Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sWninja

Need part numbers mx-3500n

I had someone come out and diagnose what was wrong with this unit, and they gave me a list of parts that needed to be replaced, however I cannot find exact part numbers for a good bit of these- If anyone else has knowledge in this realm, I would much appreciate some guidance, thanks!

The list;
    Finisher Sensor Actuator ($10), Cyan Drum Unit ($234), Color Developer ($605), Fuser Roller Kit ($250)

I've done laser printer/copier repair before, and I have service manuals and parts lists, but still can't make heads or tails of what I'm given here. Admittedly I have more of a systems focus- but in my downtime, I figured I could take a stab at getting this working.

The problems;
    Initially I purchased a used copier- the original error that displayed was something to the effect of check for paper in the finisher- tech comes onsite and overrides that manually (my guess by jumping out the sensor) and then determines that the unit has an issue with the Cyan drum, in that the cyan is off- As well, the copier was stored for a while in storage, and apparently there is some sort of procedure that needs to be done to separate some plates, or something- needless to say, that wasnt done, and the machine occasionally makes a thumping sound.

If anymore is needed, I have access to the machine to look further- thanks!
    The unit is a Sharp MX-3500N with an attached MX-FNX2 finisher.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

Re: Need part numbers mx-3500n

Sounds like you nailed it. Better let the tech. do the repairs.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Have to agree with Harlyrider. This isn't a job for a novice. The drum replacement will require a full calibration which requires a special jig. He also needs to check and see if the mods have been done for the high voltage contacts so you don't have a repeat of that problem on cyan or any other color.

I know it can suck having to pay for talent. I can wire a house but when it burns down I want the insurance to pay off so I call an electrician.

sWninja

Quote Originally Posted by draph View Post
    Have to agree with Harlyrider. This isn't a job for a novice. The drum replacement will require a full calibration which requires a special jig. He also needs to check and see if the mods have been done for the high voltage contacts so you don't have a repeat of that problem on cyan or any other color.

I know it can suck having to pay for talent. I can wire a house but when it burns down I want the insurance to pay off so I call an electrician.

Understood, and I likely wasn't going to attempt repairs, nor did I indicate that above- I'm simply looking to source the parts- and see if any can be saved on that side of the house-

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

In that case, there are a ton of people on the net that will sell them to you. But, you also need to be aware that the guy who installs them isn't going to warrant them.

I would give him the business. His pricing seems pretty fair. He isn't gouging you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

"I figured I could take a stab at getting this working". Sounded to me like you were going to do it yourself. As mentioned there is a lot to this model. Pay the man now or pay him later.

sWninja

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
    "I figured I could take a stab at getting this working". Sounded to me like you were going to do it yourself. As mentioned there is a lot to this model. Pay the man now or pay him later.
    Yeah, the sensor didnt seem terribly difficult to replace, looking at its location, and the basic walkthrough in the service manual- As others have mentioned, I've read what a pain the drums can be, and the procedure that goes into replacing those- so that, for sure, was going to be left to one who knew what they were doing!