Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MX-7240/7040 jamming in paper pass unit

Good morning folks,

We have an MX-6240 fairly decked out. We are having odd jamming issues in the MX-RB14 paper pass unit. We can watch the paper buckle and jam at the first set of rollers in the RB14. It happens from either tray of the MX-LC13. We have replaced the motor, the clutch, and the one way gear in the paper pass unit. We've tried adjusting the buckle, but no luck. The paper is ok, as we've opened new reams ourselves and duplicated the jam. Sometimes the machine will run several hundred copies with no problem, then start jamming regularly for a while. We've been on the phone with the hotline, but they haven't come up with anything we haven't already tried. The firmware for the machine and all accessories is the latest and greatest. Hoping someone has seen this, and any new ideas would be greatly appreciated...........I can look dumb in front of a customer without the help of a jamming issue.

Al Bradley

Technician

Re: MX-7240/7040 jamming in paper pass unit

Does it jam on all sizes of paper or just one size. If just one size what is that size.

T.G.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

It jams on any size paper you load into the LCT. We've tried everything from 8.5 x 11 to 12 x 18.

Technician

Sorry I forgot to ask but what is the jam code? I also know that the machine and options have to be dead level. If a option is a little too high or too low it can cause jamming.

T.G.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Check the gray entrance baffle of the paper pass unit. I had 2 of these doing the exact same thing you describe. There are 2 anchor points that have to be slid into the rear frame just right or jams will occur. It appears to be in right as the front screw lines up.
    Capture.jpg

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have once again been taught the value of troubleshooting from scratch instead of taking someone's word for what has been done. The clutch in the paper pass unit was replaced, and the connector that controls the clutch had been reseated at the LCT board, buuuuuuuuuuuut...........it turns out there is an interconnect between the clutch and the board......it was plugged in.....partially. It wasn't until I went back and re-checked connectors that the interconnect came loose enough to completely separate. Appreciate the help, and sorry I pestered you guys with this one.

Al Bradley