Senior Tech 100+ Posts

AR-M355N Scanning

TGIF! Ok, glad that is out of the way. This machine does not have a sharpdesk license nor does the end user. I'm getting a CE-02 error when I try to scan to desktop. This is the first time scanning on this model. Hoping for some insight.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: AR-M355N Scanning

I think you need sharpdesk to scan to desktop. You don't if you scan to a network folder.

But i can't remember if you can scan to a network folder with the arm355.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CorbinDallas's Avatar
    If you don't have Sharpdesk how are you scanning? Are you sure scanning is activated?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AR-M355N Scanning

You need an AR-NS3 to be able to network scan. If it is not installed, I believe you would get a message saying " Option is not installed" if you tried to scan.

You should be able to go into System settings and see if Network scanning product key is entered. If so, you or client should have Sharpdesk license and be able to install it. If you do not, try scanning to network folder. If you do not have a server, try sharing a folder on PC or scan to email. I would possibly try the network scanning or scan to email first. Sharpdesk takes to long to setup if you have a lot of PCs.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    AR-M355N Scanning

When the network scan is activated it only has scan to email and FTP network scan. This machine machine does not support SMB scanning.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brewster67 View Post
    When the network scan is activated it only has scan to email and FTP network scan. This machine machine does not support SMB scanning.
    No problem scanning with Sharpdesk in the shop. Is there a simple ftp solution for a no server small office 1-2 users?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

The ARM355/455 does not have the scan to network folder feature. They didn't put that in until the MXM350/450. I normally set this up either with Sharpdesk (make sure you are using 3.3 ver 1.7 or 1.8) or I set them up for scan to email. Both are pretty straight forward. For a small office scan to email is probably your best bet unless you want a lot of calls regarding Sharpdesk until they get used to using it. As Akitu states he avoids Sharpdesk like the plague!!! I like the latest versions of Sharpdesk but they still have their issues especially with small offices that use DHCP for network settings.

Good luck.

Bil

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    AR-M355N Scanning

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    The ARM355/455 does not have the scan to network folder feature. They didn't put that in until the MXM350/450. I normally set this up either with Sharpdesk (make sure you are using 3.3 ver 1.7 or 1.8) or I set them up for scan to email. Both are pretty straight forward. For a small office scan to email is probably your best bet unless you want a lot of calls regarding Sharpdesk until they get used to using it. As Akitu states he avoids Sharpdesk like the plague!!! I like the latest versions of Sharpdesk but they still have their issues especially with small offices that use DHCP for network settings.

Good luck.

Bil
    I'm being referenced? I feel like our old dear friend whom was forced to retire from CTN.

Sharpdesk is like cancer indeed, avoid at all costs.

Scan to e-mail is almost identical in function to scan to folder, except you don't need a network folder vulnerable to other people in the office, great for smaller setups.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?