Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: H2-03 on C401

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

H2-03 on C401

The H2-03 code came up several times and the customer cleared. Then it developed into an H3-00 code. The manual says open compensation thermistor. I see four thermistors, two external, two upper and a lower non-contact main thermister. Not sure which one is referred to as the "compensation" thermistor. Ideas?

Cleaned up the four contact thermistors and the code came back shortly. Not sure how to test the lower non-contact main thermistor yet.

Any ideas?

Im going to get my meter.......

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: H2-03 on C401

Had this before and replaced FT thermistor, section 19, number 17 in the MXC401 parts guide. It is an assembly with 3 of the contact thermistors and the noncontact thermistor. Fixed my problem, don't know how to test noncontact thermistor.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mttech View Post
    Had this before and replaced FT thermistor, section 19, number 17 in the MXC401 parts guide. It is an assembly with 3 of the contact thermistors and the noncontact thermistor. Fixed my problem, don't know how to test noncontact thermistor.
    By any chance do you recall how you came to the conclusion that particular part was the problem?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It was intuition or a lucky guess. Installed a used fuser that was laying around for emergency use and was able to clear code so knew it wasn't a PWB problem. Had rebuilt a few of those fusers and knew most of the thermistors were 1 part so replaced it and good to go.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

With all the updates released for this fuser it made more sense to replace as a unit. After replacing the fuser all was right in the world again.