Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Mx-3110N copy quality problem

Hello, If I do a self print in 64-01 print pattern 17 which looks same as a sky shot the page comes out normal except the last inch at the trailing edge kind of fades out and has a grainy look to it. It does this with all colors. It looks like the charge turns off too soon or if the developer stops too early. It does it on all colors though. I have tried a new hv board we had and have been trying different sim mode settings but so far nothing has had any effect on problem. If anyone has any suggestions or help I would appreciate it. Thanks

Re: Mx-3110N copy quality problem

I have had similar issues with other color models and it was the fuser speed. Have you tried this on 11x17 paper to see if it is only a trail edge issue?

Thanks for the reply. If I do 11/17 it does the same thing on the trail edge. I tried the fuser speed changes and it did not really change the problem.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. If I do 11/17 it does the same thing on the trail edge. I tried the fuser speed changes and it did not really change the problem.
    check your 2nd transfer belt unit, had a 3110 that the transfer roller holding clip would break and transfer roller would be floppin around. causing different image quality issues. make a solid magenta copy (single color mode) stop the copier and look at the image on the first transfer belt, if trail edge is good, you have 2nd transfer, paper or speed issues. If trail edge is bad then first transfer issues, drum or dev.

I am pulling my hair out on this one. The image problem is on the main transfer belt. I replaced the entire primary and secondary transfer units. Does the problem on all colors when doing single color.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

Any resolution to this issue? Same thing happening with MX-2640n.

Sample of problem. 61-17. This is of Cyan obviously. Really appears as though losing transfer voltage. Have tried primary and secondary in different machine. Tried different TC PWB and same issue.

20160428_162605.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

have you checked for flipped cleaning blade?

Quote Originally Posted by sharptech1 View Post
    have you checked for flipped cleaning blade?
    Had the primary belt in a different machine and it worked fine. Secondary worked fine as well. The image shown is just after transfer takes place. You can clearly see where transfer doesn't appear to have taken place on the trailing edge of the page. What's weird is the line just before where it looks as though the transfer was stronger than usual which can be seen as a darker line on the printed page just before the white area.

Going to try PCU PWB. If machine is set to 8.4 x 14 paper tray and 8.5 x 11r is placed on the glass a full image shows on printed page correctly. This points to possible release timing of secondary transfer which should be controlled by pcu.