dcorwin822

Sharp MX-2600n Freezes on Print Jobs

I have a Sharp MX-2600n that freezes on random print jobs. I've read posts about other Sharp copiers having firmware issues and that updating the firmware can correct freezing print jobs. How does one get the latest firmware? We own the copier, it's used, and not leased.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-2600n Freezes on Print Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by dcorwin822 View Post
    I have a Sharp MX-2600n that freezes on random print jobs. I've read posts about other Sharp copiers having firmware issues and that updating the firmware can correct freezing print jobs. How does one get the latest firmware? We own the copier, it's used, and not leased.
    Try updating the print driver first - there have been reports of the machine powering off/on; maybe, freezing is another symptom.

Downloads | Drivers | Manuals | SHARP Customer Support Electronics
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Call your local Sharp Dealer. Let someone who is trained on your machine update firmware. Lest you end up with a brick if things go wrong.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcorwin822 View Post
    Firmware is not available to the public due to the reason that if something were to go wrong, you could very well wind up with a very expensive paperweight. A trained technician is able to remedy the failure, but from your post I think it's a safe assumption you need to get in contact with one.

The freezing on random print jobs is more likely the key op pwb on that machine going bad, you may notice your keyboard is not functioning correctly (if at all) and all of the lights (num lock, caps lock, scroll lock) are always illuminated. Either that or your hard drive may be failing.

Contact a local Sharp representative and have them comb over the machine, the couple hundred bucks you spend now could save you thousands later.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Technician

you might also want to keep track of which files you're trying to print that causes it to lock up. We've had users printing web pages deeply imbedded in a site that caused many problems. If that's the case, cut and paste the image to your desktop/Word then try printing.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If firmware does not fix the issue, Then it may very well be what is being printed. Also if the machine does not have postscript installed some PDF's can lock up the machine. Also like previously stated certain websites while being printed will lock up the machine.

Upgrading firmware on this machine is childs play.

Load it on a USB jump drive put it into the machine and do,
    P*C*
    Simulation 49,
    Firmware upgrade,
    select the file from the flash drive
    and execute.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1dbl4ff14...500P2.ZIP?dl=0

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

It seems to always be a bad memory chip in the mfp controller

One other thing that may have been mentioned before. If you can witness the actual problem as it happens, track what pc is sending the print job (job status) and then look at what is trying to be printed. I've run into situations where certain websites will cause issues, and on older machines they would actually shut off and reboot with bad data. Go into the print que and delete the junk job. Good Luck.

/HH