Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Black lines on prints...

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Ah, right to left - those are lines then in the direction of the paper travel.
    Lines that are perpendicular to the direction of paper travel are called front to rear.
    I like the above post about switching the black drum unit with one of the colors to help isolate the trouble.

thanks for your help. so you mean I can replace the K drum with M for example and i can solve the problem temporary? yes?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Jhonjon View Post
    Try to inter change the K drum unit to other colors to confirm if the problem is in the drum unit or the main charge. Sometime if you didn't clean the main charge properly the lines didn't' dis appear.
    I will try to replace it and let you know the problem is from drum or not. and thanks for your help...

Quote Originally Posted by mahix View Post
    thanks for your help. so you mean I can replace the K drum with M for example and i can solve the problem temporary? yes?
    No! that means that if you try to transfer the K drum unit to Magenta the problem will transfer to M. It will only confirm the problem for trouble shooting. After that try single color test, if the copies on K improved that means its either replace the main charge clean it properly or replace the whole drum unit. In my experience this kind of lines I encountered occur in dirty main charge.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Black lines on prints...

Quote Originally Posted by mahix View Post
    If any drum exchange, use the less used one - that is the yellow one, the output would be less noticeable than with the cyan or magenta. This is for testing and a quick fix until you return with the proper supplies.
    Damn, I' really getting slow or I should refresh more often.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Jhonjon View Post
    No! that means that if you try to transfer the K drum unit to Magenta the problem will transfer to M. It will only confirm the problem for trouble shooting. After that try single color test, if the copies on K improved that means its either replace the main charge clean it properly or replace the whole drum unit. In my experience this kind of lines I encountered occur in dirty main charge.
    I know it will make the M not functioning properly but it can confirm that the problem is from the Drum as you said before and we can confirm that main charge is clean or not as well.

Technician

If any drum exchange, use the less used one - that is the yellow one, the output would be less noticeable than with the cyan or magenta. This is for testing and a quick fix until you return with the proper supplies.
    Damn, I' really getting slow or I should refresh more often.
    Yes. I understand that it is for just checking the problem is from Drum or not and thanks a lot for suggesting yellow drum instead of M. i will let you know as soon as i could check this issue.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

The charge corona is bad. Replace with a new one. This is a common problem with sharp color machines.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

That is 100% a Charge Grid Problem.

Simply take out of the charge grid above the cleaning K Blade and Remove the grid part using a small flat tipped screw driver. Soak the grid in simple green or other mild cleaner. Also take a small towel and clean the small spikes inside the charge unit. Put it all back together and you should have nice copies again. Doubtful you actually need to replace the grid unless its really really dirty. This grid will usually be a light to dark green color it should be silver/blackish when your done cleaning If lines persist clean it again or replace it. Take a piece of paper and line it up to the grid where the lines are is where it is dirtiest.

that is correct its the charge corona unit in the drum unit all you have to do is clean it and that should take care of it

Technician

Ah, right to left - those are lines then in the direction of the paper travel.
    Lines that are perpendicular to the direction of paper travel are called front to rear.
    I like the above post about switching the black drum unit with one of the colors to help isolate the trouble.
    HI
    i have been replaced the Yellow Drum with Black one and problem has been solved. but I have been heard that I need to adjust the drum after replacing. I have been checked the service manual but i didn't find sth that i need. kindly advice to me in this regard.

thanks