Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts mbcruzin's Avatar

MXM700U Slow Scanning

I just installed a used MXM700U with NIC to replace an ARM550N. Customer is complaining that it isn't scanning as fast as their old machine. Customer is using Sharpdesk, and resolution is 300x300 PDF/TIFF. Set up scanning to my laptop with a cross over cable. Scanning was fast and smooth. Scanning to to any of the customers stations isn't as fast or smooth. The machine will pull page one fine. Then page two fine. Page three, four, Five and so on are pulled half way. then passes for a 2 sec count, and finishes the page.

After a review of TT-20214, and settings check no change.
    Sim 66-10 no change
    reset the nic. No change
    Cleaned the rom. No change.

I am starting to suspect it's not a machine issue, but a network issue on the customers end.

Any other suggestions?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: MXM700U Slow Scanning

If it is a 700U and not a 700N, that could be a start. The N models have all the network option built in, the U models do not and some options need to be added.

If you are using a crossover direct to the machine, look at the times from a "ping" command. Then, run a "ping" command from one of their workstations and compare the times.

And in my humble opinion, Sharpdesk is more trouble than it is worth. A simple scan to network share or desktop and they can drag into Sharpdesk.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Re: MXM700U Slow Scanning

If you are scanning in PDF without compression the scanning will be agonizingly slow. Make sure the PDF file setting at the copier is set to G4 in the image send management. I have seen this issue more than once and have told a customer that it was not possible for the device to scan faster to one computer than another, and they proved me wrong.