Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Sharp MX2300 running on and on

Hi there, I look after a MX2300 (its the only one I have) and the customer complains that after every use the machine runs and runs on for a good couple of minutes afterwards. I have checked it and its not adding toner or calibrating its simply turning the fuser rollers round and round and it is quite noisy, I think one of the rollers might be getting a flat on it. I know on a Ricoh you can change the timing of the pre-drive and post copy drive to make the machine run quieter, anyone know if you can do the same on this machine? Not a huge problem but a happy customer who hopefully will upgrade with me soon. Thanks everyone in advance.

Re: Sharp MX2300 running on and on

The running on and on is the MFP cooling fan(s) or HDD cooling fan. Test the fans in sim to determine which one. It might just be noisier than before and in need of replacement. If the fan runs normally you will probably need to flash this copierto resolve the issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp MX2300 running on and on

An open thermostat can in some enviorments run w/o coding out. Very long warmups, and several pauses while running medium to large jobs. The fuser barely makes temp, before the machine codes out. And pauses frequently to recover heat.
    And depending on its use, the 2300,2700,3501,4501 machines trigger process control, frequently, the worst in small run, 1 here 2 there machines.
    Last edited by Nachoman4life; 08-02-2014 at 05:30 AM. Reason: corrections
    Where the heck is my spring hook?

Quote Originally Posted by Leebs14 View Post
    Hi there, I look after a MX2300 (its the only one I have) and the customer complains that after every use the machine runs and runs on for a good couple of minutes afterwards. I have checked it and its not adding toner or calibrating its simply turning the fuser rollers round and round and it is quite noisy, I think one of the rollers might be getting a flat on it. I know on a Ricoh you can change the timing of the pre-drive and post copy drive to make the machine run quieter, anyone know if you can do the same on this machine? Not a huge problem but a happy customer who hopefully will upgrade with me soon. Thanks everyone in advance.
    Check each developing unit if the quantity of developer is above normal. The same scenario, the machine will run for a quite time after copying as well as turning the machine on or running in power save mode. In my case i only replace the developer in the machine which is more than the required level.

Hopefully this will help, Good luck!

How do you tell if the developer is above the normal level by looking at it? Did someone add developer without cleaning out the old developer? It would never add toner if it could turn at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
    How do you tell if the developer is above the normal level by looking at it? Did someone add developer without cleaning out the old developer? It would never add toner if it could turn at all.
    Usually if you pour developer (CYMK) it is only above the mix rollers. The reason why it is above the normal,because the value of TDS (Toner density sensor) is high that's why the toner is pump to the unit and the machine will run and run to cope with the value. In the long run you will see the quantity of the developer in the DV unit is above normal, it is not totally all developer but the quantity of toner is the reason why it is above normal.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
    It is not easy to tell by looking at the level within the developer, but, if you have a developer open to view, slowly turn the mag roller and note how well it coats. If the "brush" is thin and you can see the mag roller surface, it is too low. I've not seen one in this series with too much developer - they typically blow it out on their own (ends up in waste toner bottle) and it seems we go back to many of these to replace the dev.
    Everything mentioned before in this post are things we have seen in the 100 or so of this model we've been through so you have many cause/effect scenarios.
    IF you run a 25-2, you can watch the devs adjust. Typically the value is 128. If they are below 128, there's too much toner in the dev. If the numbers are higher, too little.
    Get in there and sell them an MPC3503.