Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: SHARP 2300 2700 lever position near fuser

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    The fuser pressure release levers are pushed up for envelopes/heavy paper, and to prevent flat spots during periods of inactivity;
    if the flat spots don't work out after a couple hundred prints, the roller (usually the bottom one) will have to be replaced.
    How to check which roller need to be replace? I want to buy the roller and replace it but I would like to be sure which one? I disassembled fusing unit but I did not know how to recognize which roller is broken.

And I have got second question. Do I need to go to any SIM after replace the roller?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    SHARP 2300 2700 lever position near fuser

just get mx 270hk, fuser roller kit , gives both rollers. sim 24- 4 if there is any reset for fuser rollers on this model.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thomfish View Post
    How to check which roller need to be replace? I want to buy the roller and replace it but I would like to be sure which one? I disassembled fusing unit but I did not know how to recognize which roller is broken.

And I have got second question. Do I need to go to any SIM after replace the roller?
    If you look at the bottom roller, you can see a nice thin reflected line where the roller is round, but when you rotate the roller, and you see a half inch reflection, that is the flat spot. You'll be able to feel it also.
    P/N for just the lower roller is: NROLI1533FCZZ
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    The fuser pressure release levers are pushed up for envelopes/heavy paper, and to prevent flat spots during periods of inactivity;
    if the flat spots don't work out after a couple hundred prints, the roller (usually the bottom one) will have to be replaced.
    I never heard of putting them up for heavy paper. I don't have many customers I would trust to put then back down. I don't even tell them about the levers. I got tired of driving 100 miles for a jamming call only to get there and find the pressure released.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

On the Tiger and Jupiter fusers I used to completely remove the envelope levers. If one is up and the other down, the paper wrinkles. If the levers are up and it's 20# bond paper, it won't fuse very well. And both of those machines had easily accessible fuser release levers, so it was very common to have customers accidentally pull the release levers and drop the fuser on it's corner, usually breaking off the attachment points. On a couple of Tigers I made up wire brackets to prevent those release levers from moving. Most endusers can't be trusted to handle a hot fuser. "It just fell on the ground! I didn't even do anything!" ( ... except burn yourself, then drop it?) =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=