Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Sharp 2300n misfeed problem

My sharp do not want print photos. When I sent photo from PC to print the paper stop in a fuser and I have to take it out. The photo is printed but paper is jammed. I tried use the glass scanner (copy) and it was the same.This machine print txt documents but cannot print photos.
    What can I do to print/copy photos?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Sharp 2300n misfeed problem

Is the paper getting concertinaed in the fusing unit?

if so you probably should try a better quality paper maybe even try a 100gsm.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I attached a picture. I hope it helps
    IMAGE11.jpg

Paper is jamming always there.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Need to release the pressure on the fuser, two black levers on the top front and rear of fusing unit. If you are using heavy paper that will need to be feed from the bypass tray and you will need to configure it for heavy paper. If it still stops there then you might want to tray a different type of photo paper. Setting can be changed under system setting - tray settings.

Good luck.

Bil

Quote Originally Posted by Jack79 View Post
    I attached a picture. I hope it helps
    IMAGE11.jpg

Paper is jamming always there.
    Please try to change the orientation of the paper, or check from different cassette perhaps in bypass if the document can pass. If you can print in text document try to remove the fusing unit and check physically if there are some distraction before entering the fuser rollers. Clean the sensor below the PS roller as well as the roller, and check also the secondary transfer unit if there is some broken parts.

Good luck!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jhonjon View Post
    Please try to change the orientation of the paper, or check from different cassette perhaps in bypass if the document can pass. If you can print in text document try to remove the fusing unit and check physically if there are some distraction before entering the fuser rollers. Clean the sensor below the PS roller as well as the roller, and check also the secondary transfer unit if there is some broken parts.

Good luck!
    I ran into the same issue as this gent. Mine locks up in the same place, but I have this massive flat spot from 2 years of storage. I'm going to replace my rollers... I'm just wondering if it is entirely just rollers. I know mine have to be replaced because after it thumps for a bit the rollers stop turning, but I hear the motor trying to rotate the rollers. I did a sim to trigger the motor and confirmed the sound is from the fuser motor. I cleaned everything, checked the gears, checked the transport, and all is well... But continuously jams.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Engineerboy yours is a common problem when the copier is doing low volume or the copier isn't being used at all.

As the upper and lower rollers are a different circumference they will turn a few times before the flat spots meet. if you just want to get it running replace the upper roller first.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharphead View Post
    Engineerboy yours is a common problem when the copier is doing low volume or the copier isn't being used at all.

As the upper and lower rollers are a different circumference they will turn a few times before the flat spots meet. if you just want to get it running replace the upper roller first.
    Well this is such a nice low mileage machine, so I want to get it more than just running. I want this machine ship shape! So, I'm getting the 200K kit, found a place I can pick it up for less than half of precision roller. I'm also going to lube up those scanner rails. You know though, the only thing that I'm trying to figure out is if the jamming is purely due to the roller along. I wonder because the reason the previous owners stopped using it was because it threw the H5-01 code, but that was years ago when they stopped using it. My guess is something else was causing consecutive jams. The flat spot was just from the time they did not use the machine. I'll know more after I replace those rollers.

Thanks for the info