Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F2-64

Technician

F2-64

HI
    Recently I faced a problem regarding lines on print and copy and after many discussion here, I found that it is from Drum and I replaced it. but after replacement it was ok for a while but after some copying and printing, I saw the Cartridge error on display that i have to purchase a new one or the chip set is not ok.. I checked it and the tones was inside the cartridge and i taught that may be it is from Chip set and it has been damaged, i replaced it as well. I copied 20 pages and machine has been stopped from copying and display shows me Error F2-64 and i taught may be it is from chip set, I run simulation 14-16 for clearing, i put another new chip set and restart the machine. The error was still there. I can not do anything right now and I am wondering that is it because of drum replacement? may be i should have done some adjusment after replacing the drum or the problem from sth else??
    please kindly advice to me in this regard....
    thanks a lot

Re: F2-64

First you didn't mention the model and if it is colored or black and white. Usually this error occurred in compatible toner. You've replace the chip. Maybe the toner itself is died up. Try to rotate the gear and check if it is rotating properly. Check also the quantity of the developer in the DV unit.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Jhonjon View Post
    First you didn't mention the model and if it is colored or black and white. Usually this error occurred in compatible toner. You've replace the chip. Maybe the toner itself is died up. Try to rotate the gear and check if it is rotating properly. Check also the quantity of the developer in the DV unit.
    Sorry. My mistake. The model is 3500 N Sharp. The toner was working before properly. as per you said I have been checked the gears and i think one of them is loosen. If it can not rotate properly, may be it caused the damage and this error?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    F2-64

Maybe it is because of packed toner, shake toner. It could also be a toner motor. You can switch with another toner motor and see if the F2-64 error goes away. If it does replace the motor.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by MHeon71 View Post
    Maybe it is because of packed toner, shake toner. It could also be a toner motor. You can switch with another toner motor and see if the F2-64 error goes away. If it does replace the motor.
    the problem now solved just because i have been cleaned the gears with cleaning oil spray and it could rotate softly and i could copy 50 pages after that. may be i have to do it more than once a month.
    thanks any way for your help

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mahix View Post
    the problem now solved just because i have been cleaned the gears with cleaning oil spray and it could rotate softly and i could copy 50 pages after that. may be i have to do it more than once a month.

today the problem back and i saw one of the gears has been broken!!! what should i do now? why such a thing happend?

Quote Originally Posted by mahix View Post
    You clean the gears of what? if it is from the toner unit it doesn't help to resolve your problem, maybe the toner inside is dried up. The best way is to replace it. Maybe C,Y,M or K which is which?Before you replace it be sure to rotate the auger of the toner unit and make sure it is rotating smoothly.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Jhonjon View Post
    You clean the gears of what? if it is from the toner unit it doesn't help to resolve your problem, maybe the toner inside is dried up. The best way is to replace it. Maybe C,Y,M or K which is which?Before you replace it be sure to rotate the auger of the toner unit and make sure it is rotating smoothly.
    Sorry, I think you misunderstood. MY problem was from BK. Cartridge!!! the F2-64 from the manual is from toner supply abnormally (BLACK) and it has been explained that what we should do after this error. according to manual we should try SIM25-1..i have done what the manual said and as well as the SIM 25-2 and I have been try to clean and making the gears clean(you can check the gears at be back of the cartridge that they are rotating and moving while you care printing). that day machine was OK but yesterday after some copies and prints one the gears has been broken and the error occurred again. the toner is OK and i have been checked that. and I explained yesterday that one of the gears is broken now. now what should I do!!!!that is ALL!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Shake your new cartridge thoroughly before installing it, check the developer unit to make sure there is developer in it. If there is no developer change the black charge corona and add developer

Don't forget to clean the TD sensor as well, prior to replacing the developer. Then add the developer, then run your calibration. AS Jhonjon said, make sure it rotates - the dev/toner mix may have hardened up.