Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MX-RBX3

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-RBX3

MX-RBX3

I am having some issues with an MX-5001 with an RBX3 paper pass unit. It seems that the unit is not operating properly where the solenoid engages/disengages to lift/lower the reverse flapper. Occasionally it does not seem to lower the flapper and occasionally seems to "misfire" and engages the solenoid when it isn't supposed to. It is a bit hard to tell exactly what is going on. I have taken the front cover off to allow for more "viewing" in the area. The machine gives various codes depending on what happened an dhow far the document got during the process. Typically the customer is running a decent sized packet of 11X17 duplex.

Hopefully someone may have some insight on this particular problem, but I am more curious about any differences between the MX-RBX3 and the older MX-RBX1. I have an older MX-RBX1 that I can use for troubleshooting and/or parts, but I am hesitant to just throw it in the MX-5001 until I can verify whether or not anything majorly bad will happen. Does anyone know if it will even work in the MX-5001 and/or whether or not it might cause some type of damage. I have pulled the RBX1 out and inspected it the best I could and it appears to be the same unit aside from the covers.

Any thoughts?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-RBX3

Re: MX-RBX3

Turned out to be the solenoid.

RBX1 did in fact work in the unit though, and worked well (no jamming)

So I went a bit further and swapped solenoids and put their RBX3 back in. So far, so good.

**fingers crossed**