Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deadoc3

Sharp AR-M236 and scan-to-folder option on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

Hello at all. I have the MFP in object connected to office network. Now i have need to change server configuration, and i'm migrate on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64.

When i try to install SharpDesk (i need sharp network scan tool) i have ever same error: system OS is not supported.

I have tried all of compatibility options, but the error remain the same: system OS is not supported.

Now i can't use the scan-to-folder function of MFP, because on server i don't have network scanner tool service. There is a way to install NTS on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64?

Or, alternatively, there is a way to configure scan-to-folder (to a shared network folder) without NTS service on server, and directly by web configuration page of MFP?

Thanks in advance.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Sharp AR-M236 and scan-to-folder option on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

Sharpdesk is essentially an FTP utility. Why not enable FTP on your server and skip the Sharpdesk? I'm sure that's there's someone here that can provide specifics. Sorry It's not me. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Deadoc3

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Sharpdesk is essentially an FTP utility. Why not enable FTP on your server and skip the Sharpdesk? I'm sure that's there's someone here that can provide specifics. Sorry It's not me. =^..^=
    I have checked, and sharpdesk create a network scan service, essential to make scan-to-folder working...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadoc3 View Post
    I have checked, and sharpdesk create a network scan service, essential to make scan-to-folder working...
    Yes ... and you can still FTP scan without Sharpdesk. All you need is any functioning FTP utility on your server, and a little additional setup. Yes Sharpdesk makes the folder for you. So what? Make the folder structure yourself. Create the addressbook entry yourself. =^..^=

Deadoc3

Yes ... and you can still FTP scan without Sharpdesk. All you need is any functioning FTP utility on your server, and a little additional setup. Yes Sharpdesk makes the folder for you. So what? Make the folder structure yourself. Create the addressbook entry yourself. =^..^=
    I can assign any port i want to FTP utility? I need to write rule on windows firewall or the application made it for me?

Another question, what a application and related service that start with windows?

I don't think you were paying attention. We have members with much better IT skills than myself. I'm sure someone else here can provide specifics. =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

you need to turn on IIS (internet information services) on windows server 2008 R2, the ftp program is part of IIS. In Win 7 it is in control panel, programs and features then on left side of window is a link other programs (something like that). on 2008 server it could already be on or in same place as win7.

If you search the connectivity forums for scan to ftp, you should find what you need.

The latest version of NST(network scanner tool sharp desk) works on 2008 server R2, It worked as long as my customer was logged into the server, but once he logged out it stopped. they just didn't have the correct credentials/rights setup to run in the background as all their other programs on the server, but sharp only specifies win xp, win vista , win 7 and win 8.

Deadoc3

Quote Originally Posted by faxman28 View Post
    you need to turn on IIS (internet information services) on windows server 2008 R2, the ftp program is part of IIS. In Win 7 it is in control panel, programs and features then on left side of window is a link other programs (something like that). on 2008 server it could already be on or in same place as win7.

If you search the connectivity forums for scan to ftp, you should find what you need.

The latest version of NST(network scanner tool sharp desk) works on 2008 server R2, It worked as long as my customer was logged into the server, but once he logged out it stopped. they just didn't have the correct credentials/rights setup to run in the background as all their other programs on the server, but sharp only specifies win xp, win vista , win 7 and win 8.
    I have download the v 3.32c of sharp desk and it does not run on Server 2008 r2. Do you have a link to download the latest version of network scanner tool?

Or you have a procedure that allow me to install the latest version of NST on Server 2008 R2?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

You will need Sharpdesk 3.3 ver 1.7 or 1.8 if you really want to get this to work properly. Check with your Sharp seller they should have it since you can't download it from Sharp (USA site anyway not sure about others). I have had a lot better luck with version 3.3 than with any previous versions of Sharpdesk and if that's the way you want to go I would highly recommend you get the latest version. There are quite a few websites that have this if you google them, it's a fair size file (+300Mb).

Good luck

Bil

Deadoc3

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    You will need Sharpdesk 3.3 ver 1.7 or 1.8 if you really want to get this to work properly. Check with your Sharp seller they should have it since you can't download it from Sharp (USA site anyway not sure about others). I have had a lot better luck with version 3.3 than with any previous versions of Sharpdesk and if that's the way you want to go I would highly recommend you get the latest version. There are quite a few websites that have this if you google them, it's a fair size file (+300Mb).

Good luck

Bil
    Thanks for reply, but i have only found on Sharp site the v 3.32c version... Anyone that can made an ISO for me?