Trusted Tech 50+ Posts skookumchuck's Avatar

AR-M355N Code L4-02

Did a PM on an AR-M355 this morning and as soon as I powered it up to stir the developer it came up with a L4-02. I tried a number of things- more powder on the drum and blade, completly different process unit from a working copier and a new motor. The drum motor turns in simulation
    6-1-5 with and without the process unit installed. Only thing I saw on Sharp's service site was a bulletin for a spring change on the rear side behind the developer. Appreciate any suggestions, heading out in the morning with a PCU board from another machine.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AR-M355N Code L4-02

Re: AR-M355N Code L4-02

I have an entry that may interest you:

"L4-02" error indication, intermittently. Customer cleared code, and it did not re-occur immediately. Drum Motor lock error. Possibly discharge from the high voltage leads in the main drive assembly. Replace the main drive assembly (CFRM-1016DS53).

It was very common on the Tiger series, the predecessor to the Jupiter I. The way I understand it, it's the primary charge high voltage lead that is shorting out, causing the L4-02 errors. Mechanically, there never seems to be a problem with the main drive pack. The high voltage lead is part of the assembly. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Replace CFRM-1016DS51. You can run sim 25 Not the sub code for dev replacement the toner monitor one. 25-1 I think. You may have to try 5 or 10 times before the moan stops. This has bought me weeks of time before. Good luck let us know how you make out.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

It won't be a board problem or at least I've never had a board cause this.

4 things I have had cause this;

bad developer unit - test in sim 6 run DM you can hear it dragging, you can remove it to see if this is the issue and run sim 6 again as a test (am having quite a few of these lately especially with copiers made in 2009 for some reason at around 500K)

backed up waste toner in drum unit - you will hear this one from across the room, also drum unit not turning smoothly (rare but have had it happen where it will be stiff to turn by hand)

dirty registration assembly - check this by using the green knob it should turn pretty easily

and 2 main drive problems - the lower clutch that turns the registration assembly (you can check this by removing registration assembly and turning by hand) and sticky grease in the gear assembly (sticky grease is a rare problem but I have had it happen and cause random L4 codes and then the unit will work then throw a code, work, throw a code, etc)

Good luck.

Bil

Thanks for the replies. Going there shortly with a different developer unit and a new main drive unit. I am not getting intermitent L4-02, mine will come up always when trying to stir developer after replacement.

Finally got this machine going. Tried the developer unit first. It worked for a couple of copies then coded with an L4-02. Bit the bullet and tore out the main drive unit and that was it. Thanks for the feedback, it helped a lot.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AR-M355N Code L4-02

Congratulations on your success. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=