Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Bizarre Networking Issue with MX-4101N

We installed an MX-4101N today. We ran into a problem with the User Control feature however. Upon turning it on, scanned documents took several minutes to clear the scan queue, whereas they would clear nearly instantaneously while the feature was turned off. On top of that (and I realize that this may have nothing to do with the Sharp) the drivers, which I downloaded on site, would not find the machine when installing. I resorted to manually installing them. The customer is printing, however the drivers will not see a Sharp on the network. It responds to ping and I can access the web interface. No anti-virus or firewall on the workstations as far as I could tell.

Any ideas? The scan speed is the higher priority.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: Bizarre Networking Issue with MX-4101N

Turn on user control and THEN create the codes. I have seen issue with codes created before the feature is turned on.
    As to scan speed, file size and DPI are usually the biggest culprits.
    Also, be sure to Auto Configure your print drivers or all the options will not be available.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Bizarre Networking Issue with MX-4101N

Hi Mojo,

The User Control system was turned on and no codes were entered in when I had this issue. I was just using the admin account temporarily. The drivers could not autoconfigure because they could not detect any MFP on the network.

The DPI is set to 200x200, and the files are averaging 70kb for B/W and 500kb for color. The only change made was turning off user control which made the scans clear the queue instantaneously from then on out, until it was turned on again.