Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MX3110 print jobs rendering

I have an MX3110 that is locking up when larger file size jobs are sent to print and saying rendering in job status. Updated firmware with no difference. I see quite a few mentions of memory when I did a search for this problem so I swapped the DIMM memory 1 (image memory for MFP PWB) with DIMM memory 3 (memory for printer) and copier would not give the green light on OP panel to turn on, so I "assume" the memory is bad. Am I on the right track here and if so do I have to get this memory from Sharp or is there another source? I do not have another copier to swap memory with to test. Any help is appreciated.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Re: MX3110 print jobs rendering

Quote Originally Posted by mttech View Post
    I have an MX3110 that is locking up when larger file size jobs are sent to print and saying rendering in job status. Updated firmware with no difference. I see quite a few mentions of memory when I did a search for this problem so I swapped the DIMM memory 1 (image memory for MFP PWB) with DIMM memory 3 (memory for printer) and copier would not give the green light on OP panel to turn on, so I "assume" the memory is bad. Am I on the right track here and if so do I have to get this memory from Sharp or is there another source? I do not have another copier to swap memory with to test. Any help is appreciated.
    Two different size memories on that board (1GB and a 2GB) - switch them back and use TC to test DDRs.
    In the print preferences, change the font from 'Resident' to 'Download', and see if that helps.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

Call memory experts.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

I'm going to assume you're trying to print PDFs. Switch from Adobe AcroCrap reader to literally ANYTHING else. I recommend Foxit PDF reader.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for the replies. Senior moment on memory, tested memory and they were good. Changing font made no difference. They are using Cute PDF Reader. Turned out to be in their network, data transfer was to slow and bigger jobs were timing out.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mttech View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Senior moment on memory, tested memory and they were good. Changing font made no difference. They are using Cute PDF Reader. Turned out to be in their network, data transfer was to slow and bigger jobs were timing out.
    Thanks for the update.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --