Technician

A0-15 mx5001n with data security kit MX-FR11U

I'm stuck I talked with sharp hotline they couldn't help. I tried to swap of the mfp because sharp said it was bad when trying to scan to network folder. Couldn't get the other MFP board to work so I put back in the original one now I cant do nothing with the machine just popping up with A0-15 error. I tried to put the MX-FR11U chips back in and try to update the firmware and it says data error!!! The machine worked fine before I tried to switch the MFP board.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: A0-15 mx5001n with data security kit MX-FR11U

Did you move the eeprom form the original MFP board to the new MFP board?
    You can also look at the 22-6 printout. Look at the scan soft switches. When changing boards without changing the eeproms, the scan switches will sometimes set themselves all to "1". This usually happens with 2 codes: A0-15 and AO-22.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Did you move the eeprom form the original MFP board to the new MFP board?
    You can also look at the 22-6 printout. Look at the scan soft switches. When changing boards without changing the eeproms, the scan switches will sometimes set themselves all to "1". This usually happens with 2 codes: A0-15 and AO-22.

I figured it out i had to put the mx-fr11u security chips back in and had to down load the emergency firmware then i flashed the lasted firmware im guess once your have the security kit installed you cant even change the rom chips or the mfp but everythings back working normal now thanks

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    A0-15 mx5001n with data security kit MX-FR11U

Quote Originally Posted by ohightower View Post
    I figured it out i had to put the mx-fr11u security chips back in and had to down load the emergency firmware then i flashed the lasted firmware im guess once your have the security kit installed you cant even change the rom chips or the mfp but everythings back working normal now thanks
    Thank you for the update - the security option, once installed, limits what can be done. Was the emergency firmware a download or the firmware renamed (emupdate...)?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Thank you for the update - the security option, once installed, limits what can be done. Was the emergency firmware a download or the firmware renamed (emupdate...)?
    It was a download off sharp idnc site under security kit firmware downloads emupdate was its own file then i used 49-1 to update to the regular security firmware