Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Sharp AR-650 AR-Fn8 finisher problem

I have a AR-FN8 finisher that when paper is exiting the finisher and the gate opens and starts to stack paper it suddenly slams back shut and the remaining papers start to pile up and jam. No codes. Any info greatly appreciated.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Any jam codes or errors?

=^..^=

No codes or errors. Just start craming the following sheets in the set in there till it jams.

On the Canon versions of these finishers I seem to recall a problem with the one-way gears and drive gears on the stapling tray mechanism. Also the feed belts can bunch up, or tear.

Sorry no details. It's been too long.

=^..^=

Belts aren't bunched up, but I think it is something to do with a oneway bearing. It seems like I always get the weird problems no one has had before. I'm going there in the morning. Hopefully I'll find the problem quick. Sometimes you just got to sleep on it.
    Thanks

I found the reference to the Finisher F1/F2 on the Canon iR5000:

E000584. The shutter mechanism does not engage properly. The one-way bearing on the rear shutter drive can slip. Clean or replace the one-way bearing for the shutter drive (FB3-7298-030). The new style shutter cam is identified by an 'M'. See TP02 020.pdf.

I recall that the main symptom was that the upper part of the stapling tray would come down unexpectedly with a slam, then maybe come up 1/2 way or not at all.

I hope this helps.

=^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I found the reference to the Finisher F1/F2 on the Canon iR5000:

E000584. The shutter mechanism does not engage properly. The one-way bearing on the rear shutter drive can slip. Clean or replace the one-way bearing for the shutter drive (FB3-7298-030). The new style shutter cam is identified by an 'M'. See TP02 020.pdf.

I recall that the main symptom was that the upper part of the stapling tray would come down unexpectedly with a slam, then maybe come up 1/2 way or not at all.

I hope this helps.

=^..^=
    The symptoms you discribe are exactly what happens.Today I went there with a new shutter cam, but still had the same problem. I pulled the whole unit out of another finisher (that was damaged saddle stitch finisher) this afternoon to take there monday AM. When got down into it, which isn't easy. I noticed that the cam doesn't seem to actually make the top move up and down. There is a small motor that turns a cluster of gears none of which have any one way bearings. So i'm thinking its the motor or one of the switches, but to change them you have to remove the whole unit. So i'm just going to switch all of it. If it still happens I going to just change the whole finisher. The thing that pisses me off is I junked three of them about a month ago. Thats how it goes.

Let me know how it turns out.

=^..^=

Document ID : ARFN8-12903Model : ARFN8Symptom : Finisher Stapler Tray Exit JamSolution :
    • Paper Jam (E-52) caused by the wear of Item 51 section 17 (Stapler Tray)
    Cause :
    • The wear on the bushing will prevent the Swing Gate from being lifted up correctly due to the extra friction.
      Replace 0N44209868000 spacer.
    Date Entered :10/11/2002Last Modified :10/11/2002
    This is the fix. I put the whole unit in. You have to take it out anyway. The old style gear with the bushing that has a spring on it is white the new one is black. Luckily the unit I had was upgraded.