Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Need stepbystep instructions for scan to network folder

Hey guys I been fighting for about a month now trying to figure out how to scan to a network folder on windows 7 or windows 8 Ive read all of the bulletins followed all the instructions nothing seems to work. I even talk with sharp tech support (which they dont know nothing) If someone could help that would be great thanks!

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Re: Need stepbystep instructions for scan to network folder

why don't you search CTN for smb scanning or win 7 scanning??? There are multiple threads and posts for all brands on this subject.............
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohightower View Post
    Hey guys I been fighting for about a month now trying to figure out how to scan to a network folder on windows 7 or windows 8 Ive read all of the bulletins followed all the instructions nothing seems to work. I even talk with sharp tech support (which they dont know nothing) If someone could help that would be great thanks!
    What machine is it? Depending on the series it doesn't support SMB 3.0 protocol, and scanning to W7/8 is therefore impossible.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TechGeek's Avatar

Does the MX-3501/4501 series support SMB 3.0?

Just for yucks i hooked up a MX-2600 i had around and used the same settings i used for the MX-3501 and the MX2600 worked just fine but the Mx3502 still will not scan code CE-00 any ideas?
    Last edited by TechGeek; 11-03-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechGeek View Post
    Does the MX-3501/4501 series support SMB 3.0?

Just for yucks i hooked up a MX-2600 i had around and used the same settings i used for the MX-3501 and the MX2600 worked just fine but the Mx3502 still will not scan code CE-00 any ideas?
    Did you try exporting your settings from one unit to the 3502 or did you hand enter the values? Just wondering.

Bil

From the Web interfaces I copied the values (the old copy and paste shortcuts on my keyboard) (Network path and Username I do not have a password) from the 3501 to the 2600.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by TechGeek View Post
    From the Web interfaces I copied the values (the old copy and paste shortcuts on my keyboard) (Network path and Username I do not have a password) from the 3501 to the 2600.
    Not sure exactly what you are saying about not having a password, but in my experiences a win7 computer needs to have a login password in order for smb scanning to work.
    Maybe someone has a workaround but ive always had to use a password on the computer in order for it to work.
    A program called ( live essentials ) also has to be uninstalled for the scanning to work.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

SMB scanning requires a password. I think there may have been firmware updates for the 2600 series for SMB 3.0, I'm not sure about the 4501.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Here is a bit more details on my project.

I am trying to scan to a shared folder on a windows 7 64 bit. This PC has Windows Live Mail which is part of the Windows Essentials but i am not using the Essential anti-virus part of it instead i am using AVG (non Firewall version) I have setup the Shared folder for "Everyone" NO PASSWORD in the sharing and security tabs giving full permissions. I can see and access the shared folder on the network from other PC's just fine. On the MX-3501 I set up the network path as \\pchostname\Scans, User Name Everyone, Password NONE. When attempting to scan i get Error CE-00

On the MX-2600 i setup the network path as \\pchostname\Scans, User Name Everyone Password NONE. (Exactly the same as the MX-3501) When attempting to scan it goes straight the the shared folder I setup on the PC.

Summary: I setup the shared folder on the Window 7 64 bit PC and can scan from the sharp MX-2600 just fine but not the MX-3501

This is just weird why the 2600 will work but not the 3501. I willing to try just about any suggestion.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I would test using the IP address of the copier instead of the hostname. Once you get it working using the copier's IP address, you can replace the IP address with the hostname and test again.

If you are using the hostname, make sure the DNS settings on the copier are correct (as well as the default gateway).