Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Error code C4-00

Hi to all,
    Need help.
    Mx-1810 when printing color will show error code C4-00,Black and white ok.
    Machine only run color for few hundred copies and is new set up machine.
    Any help or suggestion will much appreciate.
    Thank you in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: Error code C4-00

Replace the PTC unit
    Replace the primary transfer unit.
    Replace the secondary transfer unit.Check disconnection of the high voltage TC PWBconnector./Replace.Replace the high voltage TC PWB.
    Replace the PCU PWB.

Those are the troubleshooting steps. I'd check your primary transfer belt first to see if there is something damaged since if it was the PTC you would get the code everytime.

Good luck.

Bil

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Error code C4-00

there is a bulletin out in the U.S. for c4-00 errors and it does list the mx-1810(which is not sold here) and mx 2610,2615 and so on. for a updated TC pwb to help correct c4-00 errors. check sharp support in your country.

RDENU0154FCP2 this is updated p/n, looks like common part for all of sharp markets. again check locally.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faxman28 View Post
    there is a bulletin out in the U.S. for c4-00 errors and it does list the mx-1810(which is not sold here) and mx 2610,2615 and so on. for a updated TC pwb to help correct c4-00 errors. check sharp support in your country.

RDENU0154FCP2 this is updated p/n, looks like common part for all of sharp markets. again check locally.
    I now keep these in stock. I had 2 of these happen this week alone; with 8 occurrences in the past 6 months.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mbcruzin's Avatar

Haven't seen this yet but will keep this info in my back pocket.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thank you everyone for the info,may be should take back the machine for checking.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Error code C4-00

I know this is late but I had this problem and nothing the book said was the problem. The ptoblem was the clutches in the back of the machine that control the switching of the transfer unit from black to color were slipping. Run the machine with the front door open and the waste bottle removed and watch the cam on front of transfer unit. On mine when it would switch to color you could watch the cam move as the clutch is slipping and not holding that position then throw the code. I replaced both clutches to cure problem.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    I know this is late but I had this problem and nothing the book said was the problem. The ptoblem was the clutches in the back of the machine that control the switching of the transfer unit from black to color were slipping. Run the machine with the front door open and the waste bottle removed and watch the cam on front of transfer unit. On mine when it would switch to color you could watch the cam move as the clutch is slipping and not holding that position then throw the code. I replaced both clutches to cure problem.
    Thanks for the tips,waiting for the new stock to replace,and will look into this after the machine back in the office.
    Thank you very much.

Has anyone had success replacing the TC-PWB pn# RDENU0154FCP2 on a mx-3640n to solve a c4-000 code.
    I have tried replacing the PTC with no luck. Machine has 40k color 90k b/w and it happens in color or b/w mode every time. Shes down.

Thanks in advance.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts DAKOTADAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beagle View Post
    Has anyone had success replacing the TC-PWB pn# RDENU0154FCP2 on a mx-3640n to solve a c4-000 code.
    I have tried replacing the PTC with no luck. Machine has 40k color 90k b/w and it happens in color or b/w mode every time. Shes down.

Thanks in advance.

We replaced 2 boards in the last week to fix the problem, after the new PTC didn't fix the problem. Before you replace this board check the number listed on your old board, if it is the new board already in the machine, then maybe check the previous post about the slipping
    clutches. Good Luck.
    Dan.