Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Tray problem on MX-M232/182 AR-5618/5623

Hi,
    We got a lot of machine's that have problem's on tray. Basicaly wear occurs on the plastic tray and of the tray, after wear occurs is no longer stands closed. And this is happening on machines from 20000 to 50000 click's and I have more than 7 machine's with this problem on different version's installed on different year's.
    Part's that need replaced are: Base plat rail R LRALP0015USZ1 and Cassette case GCASP0009USZZ.
    I'm the only one with this problem? Is there a fix?

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Tray problem on MX-M232/182 AR-5618/5623

Re: Tray problem on MX-M232/182 AR-5618/5623

I had an MXM232D give strange jamming problems, from your post they sound kind of similar. When Sharp redesigned the ARM205/207 (can't recall which) to make this machine, they moved the tray close detect switch to the opposite side of the machine but did not redesign the tray to meet with the switch appropriately. When the machine starts to copy, the tiny vibrations going through tripped the micro-switch causing it to think the tray was being pulled out for just a second, halting the copy process.

My fix was removing the tray from the machine, and melting the back end of it with a soldering iron, and while the plastic was still malleable, I inserted a paper clip into the plastic. When it cooled and hardened (paper clip bent to L shape in plastic to keep it sturdy) the paper clip was able to give just the right amount of extra reach to keep the micro-switch satisfied during operation.

Sharp's suggestion was to replace the entire base-plate of the machine - NO!
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?