Pulling dev on mx5112 / mx5000

Call it tigger striping, dumping, losing or pulling dev.
    why does so many sharp machines do this?

I'm having problems mainly on mx5112 mx5000 type machines and black is the worse for pulling dev but it has happened on coloured dev also.

What I'm finding is very little dev in the dev unit and a thin line of dev on the drum where it's come across from the dev unit.

We have tried new dev units, drum units new dev units from the mx5140 but we are still loosing dev.

My thoughts are leading to air flow of the exhaust fan not being sufficient.

We are using oem parts and toner, following sharp Calibration set up after service.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this as I'm sure you have come across it

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

Re: Pulling dev on mx5112 / mx5000

The process electrode is bad. Parts guide section 46 (Rear frame section 1) Items 11 and 15.

Re: Pulling dev on mx5112 / mx5000

If the charge unit is dusted with toner. This will cause dv to pull. There is a bulletin for various models process unit changes as well as dv unit cover. Dv cover is probably the most critical one . The size of filter has been increased by 4 times. Pressure build up in dv unit causes toner to puff out coating charge.