Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Sharp AR 505 code E7-11

Have an AR 505 that flashed an error code e7-11. I cleaned the optics, mirrors, and the exposure bulb etc. ran sim 5:3 and the bulb does light up. The code cleared for a bit and now it is back. I am wondering if the exposure bulb can light up, but not enough to get the correct white board read, but light up enough to not give the e7-13 error code? The book mentions the CCD unit & ICU PWB, as well as the flat cable leading to the CCD unit possibly causing the error code. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and could shed some light on the situation, before I start messing with the CCD & PWB. Since the problem is intermittent, I will try the bulb first. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR 505 code E7-11

E7-11 is a white level shading correction error. This code was intended to identify a dirty white level reference (located under the left edge of the copyboard glass).

This code has plagued certain individual Cougar machines. I have personally replaced CCD's, installed a foam damper to the top of the hard drive (to damp vibrations between the hard drive and the lens cover), and ICU boards, to no effect. Typically 3 to 7 times a day this code can pop up.

This will be an excellent opportunity to pull your hair out.

Before you throw a few thousand dollars worth of part at this problem, I'd sikk sales on them. There's a chance the lamp may help. See the attached post:

please help me

Let me know what you discover. Hopefully sales will solve this one for you.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    On this model the white reference is very narrow. In extreme cases I have taken white model airplane paint and repainted the white reference on the bottom of the glass (the actual reference strip is on top of the glass). So far it seems to have worked on the couple of 505's and 507's that I have tried this on. I do like the idea of sales getting them a new one though!

Good luck.

Hi,
    I think that exposure bulb may be exhausted...
    Otherwise, you can try to disconnect/connect all connectors on the MAIN PWB and ICU PWB.
    Sharp copiers often have these electrical problems, and make you crazy for a nothing...

Luca

So Far So Good

Replaced the bulb and so far it has been working flawless for the past few weeks. We'll see if it keeps on working. Thanks for all the great suggestions.