Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Fax not showing up after main board replacement MX-2610

I had an E7-03 to start with. I replaced the hard disk and that did not fix it. I had to replace the main board. Since the main board replacement the fax kit (MX-FX11) does not show up. I spoke to Sharp support and they thought a solder joint could be bad so we ordered another board. Still a no go. Sim 22-10 does not even show a fax kit installed. I tested the fax on another machine(MX-4140) and it worked right away. There is no memory expansion for the MX-FX11, it is just plug and play. I have tried Firmware, I have checked the connections, done a factory reset, initialize private data, and checked settings. I wonder if maybe the SD card needs rewritten? Sharp can't figure it out so I cry to a larger audience. One thing to note is this machine has a data security kit installed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Fax not showing up after main board replacement MX-2610

My mistake I accidentally read MX2600 not 2610 lol.

Things I might try would be to reflash the machine. Also check your destination format in sim 26 make sure it is set for USA. Check if you can see/test any functions in the fax Simulations under sim 66.

Print out a 22-6 and make sure the functions are all correct. Like the machine shows it is a MX2610 etc.. I got a board back once for a 2600 that was set for a 3100 and had some weird issues once.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    My mistake I accidentally read MX2600 not 2610 lol.

Things I might try would be to reflash the machine. Also check your destination format in sim 26 make sure it is set for USA. Check if you can see/test any functions in the fax Simulations under sim 66.

Print out a 22-6 and make sure the functions are all correct. Like the machine shows it is a MX2610 etc.. I got a board back once for a 2600 that was set for a 3100 and had some weird issues once.
    I am working with support from Sharp. We set the machine destination to another country then back to no avail. It's not seeing that the kit is even present. I thought maybe the new board was defective and ordered a 3rd but it did the same b thing so I replaced the interface cable on the fax kit. Nothing. Plugged the fax into a MX-4140 on the sales floor and the fax worked flawlessly. Trying to get the Sharp district manager involved to see what we can do. Sharp sold these machines to this customer we just hold the service so we can't make the call on whether to swap it or not. They have several 2610s we can play musical machine. I am tired of dumping money into a machine with the guidance of Sharp's crack support team with no sign of a resolution. According to them the problem I am having should not be there with all the parts I replaced. I sent them a 22-6 and a 23-2 report. This machine has been a P.I.T.A.(Pain In The @$#)since I started here a year ago. One of the first I worked on. This particular machine we have thrown almost enough parts at to pay for 2 of its kind. Mucho jamming and color problems and now this. Doomed from the build date. QC must have been on break. 3yr old machine with 500k clicks.

Technician

After checking my email... got a reply from our sharp DSM and he says I ordered the wrong mfp board. I must need an education on how to read the matrix in a sharp parts guide... Sharp parts guides are confusing.... i was using an old parts guide..

"Please order the correct MFP PWB for the MX-2610N (P/N:*CPLTM8046DS58" I ordered CPLTM8046DS57.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    I got a board back once for a 2600 that was set for a 3100 and had some weird issues once.
    Sharp once sent me a 3640 with 2640 developer units; all four of course.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Sharp once sent me a 3640 with 2640 developer units; all four of course.

I feel your pain. I ordered 1 mx-311mc (main charge kit) I understand that you get them in a box of ten but instead of just the 1 box I got 3. Not sure what to do with 30 mc units we primarily service and sell konica's. Not to mention how long it takes to get parts from sharp. Alot of stuff on back order since apple stopped buying screens from Sharp for idevices. A common fusing belt for a 4101 took 3 weeks.

Bet your "old school" coworker knows how to read a manual

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by poultryman17 View Post
    Bet your "old school" coworker knows how to read a manual
    In my defense, I just copied and pasted the wrong number. In the parts guide they are right next to each other. After a long day the words on a page run together.
    The US board worked by the way. They are almost identical. It was a bone head move.