Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

sharp mx-m200d light band on copies

Hi, I have a sharp mx-m200d at a customer that is giving me a problem. The customer called with a problem of light copies, I arrived to find the dv was kinda weak and the whole copy was a bit light, but in the upper quarter of the page(portrate) there was a much lighter band around 1/2" wide going from lead edge to trailing edge. I cleaned the scanner optics, and the interior slit glass, band still remained. so next I replaced dv, drum, and blade that seemed to fix the problem, well at least for the time i was there. About 3 hours after service call the customer called back saying that the problem returned just as bad as it was before I worked on machine, while there I inspected the toner seal on the dv unit, it was fine and doing its job correctly, also the corona grid was not scraping the drum wiping toner off drum(I have seen that make a light or blank band on copies before). I have done what I knew to do that visit, now I am looking for any advise on where to look on my follow up visit.

Thanks for any help,
    Jim

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Re: sharp mx-m200d light band on copies

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Vitek View Post
    Hi, I have a sharp mx-m200d at a customer that is giving me a problem. The customer called with a problem of light copies, I arrived to find the dv was kinda weak and the whole copy was a bit light, but in the upper quarter of the page(portrate) there was a much lighter band around 1/2" wide going from lead edge to trailing edge. I cleaned the scanner optics, and the interior slit glass, band still remained. so next I replaced dv, drum, and blade that seemed to fix the problem, well at least for the time i was there. About 3 hours after service call the customer called back saying that the problem returned just as bad as it was before I worked on machine, while there I inspected the toner seal on the dv unit, it was fine and doing its job correctly, also the corona grid was not scraping the drum wiping toner off drum(I have seen that make a light or blank band on copies before). I have done what I knew to do that visit, now I am looking for any advise on where to look on my follow up visit.

Thanks for any help,
    Jim
    Run a 'sky shot' and force a jam midway, then check to see if there is solid coverage on the drum.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

also sometimes the doc blade on the DV unit will get burrs in them that hold developer. Use a small piece of sandpaper and go over the developer blade a few times to smooth out the metal.

Also Might check the corona wire is nice and tight and not badly discolored. Usually this can cause the light copies but not usually banding. Had this problem on the ARM207's AR207's which is the old model to this.
    Also another thing check and make sure the machine is level. These machines have problems if not real level and may dump developer out the back. Also sometimes check the gears in the back and make sure none of the gears and leaking developer out the rear.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

If I remember correctly this machine uses a scorotron (needle electrode), and yes, that and the grid ought to be replaced along with the drum and developer. It will make a huge difference. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=