Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: mx-3501 . frequently occures jamming in top of the fiusing

the codes are : CPFD2-S2 (afew times) / DPFD1-S3 (& this afew time too) / POD1-S & POD1-N (the most of jam codes, about 90%)

today came back the jams in 1side mode again.but as i said, jams always happen in 2side mode.

thank & gratitude again to you guys for helping me.its wonderfull that you gives your valuable Experience to other.thankfull rainmaker , mbcruzin ,vlad_robas ,copytechonline and ntbann.

just pleas explain to me in simple language...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

Sim 30-1 and check the POD sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
    Sim 30-1 and check the POD sensors.
    tnx but how should i chek that in this sim?in the display just afew sensors is highlighted.POD1,2,3 (& many others) are not highlight.whats that mean?that sensors which are not highlighted are ruined?in the service manual is not any explane for this.

( i think now all of you are going angry from me!!!!!cause i question continual!!!!sorryyyyy)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copytechonline View Post
    The 3501 is quite old had has probably seen a lot of service, open up the right side door and check the black paper guide under the gate. its the part that has the notch in it for the sensor arm on the exit of the heater. these guides can warp over time with the heat from the fuser and can stop the fuser exit sensor actuation properly.
    These can have melted toner build on on the exit guide directly above the fuser as well as on the duplex reverse gate on the top of the right door. I've usually been able to scrape it off with good results. It can be hard to see because it is the same color as the plastic guides.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mbcruzin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by siavashsaqi View Post
    tnx but how should i chek that in this sim?in the display just afew sensors is highlighted.POD1,2,3 (& many others) are not highlight.whats that mean?that sensors which are not highlighted are ruined?in the service manual is not any explane for this.

( i think now all of you are going angry from me!!!!!cause i question continual!!!!sorryyyyy)
    Ok simple way to check sensors. go into sim 30-1. POD 1,2,3 are all above the fuser. take a sheet of paper and slide it through the exit paper path. you should see POD 2,3 highlight meaning they are active. POD 1 will be directly above the fuser. just press it with your finger.

EDIT: If you can hit the sensor and you get no change on the display then you may have a bad sensor. Also I do not think you are upsetting anyone. just give us as much info as you can. We can help you better that way.