Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Print wireless w/USB print server -MX-C402SC

Before I attempt this (machine is also hooked up via ethernet), anyone have experience making this work? Recommendations, etc.
    In a hotel, staff can print via ethernet and scan, but guests and other staff would like to print via wireless (different network) to the machine. I'm hoping we can use SharpDesk Mobile to accomplish for use with Google tablets, phones, etc.
    Maybe will not work w/out ethernet?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Print wireless w/USB print server -MX-C402SC

It should work if you connect the wireless print server to the hotel's wifi. I am assuming that's what the guests tablets and phones would be connected to.

It's odd though, hotels usually have desktops and printers available in those instances someone needs to print out an email or maps

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    It should work if you connect the wireless print server to the hotel's wifi. I am assuming that's what the guests tablets and phones would be connected to.

It's odd though, hotels usually have desktops and printers available in those instances someone needs to print out an email or maps
    I use a netgear wnce3001 wireless adapter to connect printers and MFP's to wireless networks. Much cheaper than the OEM's, and they work great. As for the Hotels, they usually have multiple networks that are separated by firewalls. One or two for customer/guest and an in house network that is for staff only. Access between both is usually not permitted.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mbcruzin's Avatar

In my experience the network scanner tool in Sharpdesk won't look across networks. Plus I haven't had great success with sharpdesk mobile doing the same. You might be better off setting scan to email and having the guests manual input their address. Then set up some sort of print server so the guests can get charged for the jobs.