Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    MX 4101N F2-22/F2-24

MX 4101N F2-22/F2-24

Hey guys so I know this error has to do with the discharge lamp trouble...so I was at customers site around 2pm on a Friday before a 3 day holiday weekend and needless to say I was rushed the hell out in a hurry.

I was able to tear down the rear side of the machine to check/reset connectors on the discharge lamp boards and PCU PWB. I was in the process of trying to remove the the discharge lamp(K) but realized my Phillips stubby was still to big to remove screws on the white shutter rail. Question #1: Has anyone had this error before and is this as a pain in the rear to remove like it seems?? Weird part is when I put it all back together the copier was working(printing,copying and scanning) One day later they called back and the code changed from F2-22 to F2-24...WTF!!!!

I did try doing sim 5-4 to check operation of lamp and control circuit but I must be doing something wrong because It didn't show me anything at all that it did something...

Any and all input would greatly be appreciated...Thanks in advance!!

Re: MX 4101N F2-22/F2-24

I would try to change DL/DV main harness (CN10 on PCU PWB) or the PCU PWB because that's the only thing F2-22 and F2-24 has in common. If you only hade one error code, i would try to change the dv unit first.

Using Sim 5-4, the only thing that will happen is that Discharge Lamp is lighted for 30 sec, and thats it. You will get no info on the panel (like error or ok or something like that)