Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MX-7040 with F2-78 advice

Just unboxed and de-taped a brand new MX-7040N last week. Going straight from the book on set-up we got an F2-78 code. Not listed in that manual, but has to do with transfer belt density sensors in previous machines. Got blank prints and copies all colors when trying to troubleshoot, so after checking shutter operation I pulled the side panel to check connectors on the laser unit...........GUESS WHAT!!!!
    If they don't put screws in the laser unit at the factory it tends to move around. Has an April, 2015 serial number......be on the lookout.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-7040 with F2-78 advice

Re: MX-7040 with F2-78 advice

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    Just unboxed and de-taped a brand new MX-7040N last week. Going straight from the book on set-up we got an F2-78 code. Not listed in that manual, but has to do with transfer belt density sensors in previous machines. Got blank prints and copies all colors when trying to troubleshoot, so after checking shutter operation I pulled the side panel to check connectors on the laser unit...........GUESS WHAT!!!!
    If they don't put screws in the laser unit at the factory it tends to move around. Has an April, 2015 serial number......be on the lookout.
    So, did you add screws and all was well. Dumb question I am sure, but what all did you have to do afterwards? IE... sims? calibrations?