Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyalbania's Avatar

Bizhub C353 Scanner can not be used

Dear friends i have a problem with a konica minolta bizhub C353, in the display is the following message " The following option can not be used because the scanner is not avaiable copy, scan, fax.

Also has a question mark in the end of the display and says Tray 1, 2 LCF can not be used currently...

The machine previously had the error C-EE2

Please any one can help?

Re: Bizhub C353 Scanner can not be used

If some problem reoccurs the machine would latch the unit for service and safety reasons.
    You should goto service mode -> system 1 -> problem unit isolation and unset the scanner.
    But first look in the counter history for the error code that caused the problem. It would probably just happen again.

for the ??? you get next to the paper icon, it means the paper size detection does not work correctly or there could be paper stuck behind the tray.
    Remove the trays and inspect for damage. Some of the problems does not appear obvious so the inspect it properly.
    Sensor check mode under service mode -> state confirmation is very helpful in finding problems.
    Whatever

Thanks Alan,

I will try it but in the history error code there is nothing everything is deleted maybe by some other technichen i do not know.

I will try and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    If some problem reoccurs the machine would latch the unit for service and safety reasons.
    You should goto service mode -> system 1 -> problem unit isolation and unset the scanner.
    But first look in the counter history for the error code that caused the problem. It would probably just happen again.

for the ??? you get next to the paper icon, it means the paper size detection does not work correctly or there could be paper stuck behind the tray.
    Remove the trays and inspect for damage. Some of the problems does not appear obvious so the inspect it properly.
    Sensor check mode under service mode -> state confirmation is very helpful in finding problems.

Hello Allan,

I did what you suggested me and now the message is not appearing and the scanner moves ok.

I try to copy but it scan the image ok and even though it has paper the machine says replenish paper ...it detects paper size and also also lights the light that has paper ...just the bypass tray is ok.

i do not understand any help if possible?

Make sure the paper it detects of off the glass is the same as the paper loaded.
    First select the paper tray and then copy, does that work?
    Whatever

Hello Allan.

Yes i have trying to select paper tray first and than hit start and the same thing happened it paper load....i do not understund

Make sure the paper it detects of off the glass is the same as the paper loaded.
    First select the paper tray and then copy, does that work?

Make sure the paper lift motor coupler is not broken or that the plastic arm that lowers the pickup roller is not broken.
    Could also be a sensor problem.
    Whatever

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C353 Scanner can not be used

Look for piece of paper stuck behind paper drawer. You may have to look behind with flashlight or remove drawer (1 screw and small metal plate.)

Could be paper sensor actuator arm is broken.