Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Unhappy Bizhub c350 New Imaging Units error "Please install correct imaging units correctly"

Hi all I have installed 3 new imaging units in out photocopier but have the following error come up and cant explain why. The imagining unit are the exact same model as the previous ones i followd the provided install instructon to the T, Can anyone help?

My thoughts are
    1) As I purchased the units from the US and I am in Australia there may be a regionl lock on the units
    or
    2) i have only changed c,y,m and not black The copier mad require all units to be excahed at once.

Please help I have just spent over $1000 on these and really don't want to tell my boss i have wasted his money

Service Manager 250+ Posts ineo+6501's Avatar
    Although the units look the same, make sure they are not for a generic C350. The chips on the units are specific to the brand.
    For example, we have had a machine come in which had Konica Minolta badges on it but underneath it was a DEVELOP engine.
    We had the same message on the screen as you are getting when we fitted a Konica Minolta IU to it. We had to buy a DEVELOP chip to get it to work.

Make sure your engine IS Konica Minolta and that the units are also Konica Minolta. Easiest way is to look at the label on the side of the imaging units you took out.
    They should have the Konica Minolta logo on the label if it is a Konica Minolta engine. Compare the label with the units you have just fitted.

DEVELOP and oce/imagistics had versions of the C350 and they require matching units.

Beyond that, you may have a faulty unit.

Technician
    Thanks for the quick Reply Ineo, Here are some photos of the units could you have a look at these and see if you can see anything?, I don't think it would be faulty units as all three units that I ordered don't work.

Out Unit.jpgNew Unit.jpgUnits.jpg

P.S. How much is DEVELOP chip?

Kindest Regards
    Gary

They look fine to me Gary. I don't think the engine is a generic as the old units would have the DEVELOP/oce logo instead of Konica.
    The chips are around £20 each here in the UK and allow a "spent" unit to be reused.

The only thing I can see that is different is the two letter code above the line number. I have checked the C350 and C450 in my showroom and they have a mixture of "SL" and "WX" units.
    Maybe someone who knows the composition of the labels could spot something?

You could try changing the chip from an old working unit to the matching new unit, see if the new unit works with the old chip and vice versa.
    Make sure you mark the chips so you don't mix em up. This will tell you if you have a chip issue which is what it sounds like to me.

I doubt that there is a code for different regions but stranger things have happened.
    Maybe give KM Australia a call just to check

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I just checked the KM Australia website, and the part numbers are different from the ones in the US. I would guess there is a slightly different region coding on the chips.

Technician

Regional Codes Really!

That's a joke if its true, do you know of anyway if getting around it, I could swap the chips over from the old units but as the old imagining units were expired will that carry the expiry over to the new units?

STRESS!!

Technician
    Just spoken to KM in Australia and they said its a voltage issue. anything i can do?

Gary, you can swap the chips over to the new units and if you enter service mode you can set the machine to not stop when the units are expired.
    You'll have the message on the screen but will be able to use the machine forever more.

Did the old chip produce a copy on the new unit? If so you will be able to buy a set of Aussie chips for your US units.................

Technician
    Thanks for the advice Ineo your a true gent. I switched the chips over but now I'm getting the first error saying please replace imaging units, which mean that the unit expiry is installed on the chips. Now as I see it I have two options
    1) Try and fine somewhere where I can get the chips cracked or
    2) do as you suggested and enter service mode and the machine to not stop when the units are expire.

The second option would be easiest but i have no idea how to do it can you explain please.

Kind regards
    Gary

P.s. i didnt understand what you meant when you said "Did the old chip produce a copy on the new unit? If so you will be able to buy a set of Aussie chips for your US units................. " can you explain?

I meant that if your old unit chip when fitted to the new unit would allow you to produce a copy, then there is no physical difference with the rest of the US unit.
    Put simply, the only difference between the AUS and US unit appears to be only the chip itself.

The chip is what holds the info on life cycle etc and a spent unit can be reused by fitting a new chip instead of the expense of a whole unit.
    Often after 1 cycle from new, the units are still producing good prints and it's crazy to throw one in the bin.

Someone in AUS will sell the chips. You could fit AUS chips to your US units and will have no more screen message.