Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gigety
    Posts
    1,883
    Rep Power
    48

    Search no longer works at all

    does not matter what I search for, it never comes back with any results found.

    Known issue ?

    If at first you don't succeed, try the way I told you how to do it in the first place.

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    313
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Search no longer works at all

    It is working on my end.


  3. #3
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Search no longer works at all

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    15,408
    Rep Power
    249

    Re: Search no longer works at all

    Our search engine is worthless. This search engine was put up by one of our members, and works quite nicely:
    Copytechnet Forum Search - Via Google

    =^..^=

    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.


    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Search no longer works at all

    Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    does not matter what I search for, it never comes back with any results found.

    Known issue ?
    Not that I would want it widely known, but I tried searching for C35 and got nothing. Yeah, I know, but I've actually fixed a few! Then I tried various Konica Minolta models and got nothing either. I got this email today:
    Dear Don N.,

    EarthKmTech has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Bizhub 363 Fusing Lamp - in the Konica Minolta forum of Copytechnet.com.

    This thread is located at:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ko...-new-post.html

    but when I click the link there is nothing after my last post....


  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Search no longer works at all


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Search no longer works at all

    Just google the problem and put copytechnet after and that works, but the search on the site doesn't work well

    When I started servicing copiers they used toaster ovens for fusers.....I'm old

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Search no longer works at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Don N. View Post
    Not that I would want it widely known, but I tried searching for C35 and got nothing. Yeah, I know, but I've actually fixed a few! Then I tried various Konica Minolta models and got nothing either. I got this email today:
    Dear Don N.,

    EarthKmTech has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Bizhub 363 Fusing Lamp - in the Konica Minolta forum of Copytechnet.com.

    This thread is located at:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ko...-new-post.html

    but when I click the link there is nothing after my last post....
    I replied to the email's sender... admin@copytechnet.com and let them know, so maybe I'll get an answer.
    Another email said somebody thanked me. I clicked that link and it has me as Donn0144 from Michigan with no posts for years... Sumpin ain't right! I'm about 1200 miles south of Michigan!


  7. #7
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Search no longer works at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Don N. View Post
    I replied to the email's sender... admin@copytechnet.com and let them know, so maybe I'll get an answer.
    Another email said somebody thanked me. I clicked that link and it has me as Donn0144 from Michigan with no posts for years... Sumpin ain't right! I'm about 1200 miles south of Michigan!
    FYI.... I click the link you provided it work okay my end.

    You might be getting redirected through google.adverts or amazon servers, I-drive , luna.brease servers, blaa blaa... To keep it simple, some of these servers will intercept your web pages and redirect them through their advert servers which might be overlaying your copytechnet pages with advertisements. The advert server may even go as far as removing your incoming web page hyperlinks or spoofing those links to redirect you to more advertisement. My copytechnet thanks like buttons sometimes go wandering. Yes advertisement profiling(brain-adds) slows down your browser access an it's a real PITA.

    Try this temporary fix:
    Go into your browser and delete all your entire cache history.
    In a dos windown type in :
    ipconfig /flushdns

    After that type in :
    ipconfig /displaydns
    (To keep track of which advert servers are accessing your PC DNS cache.)

    If you don't have an advert blocker you may like to source some free ones off the internet. IMHO I don't particularly like advert blockers because I believe they slow my browser down even more.

    To search copytechnet with google or bing, use the below in the search engine edit box
    Example fully type :
    search site:copytechnet.com C35
    or maybe
    search site:copytechnet.com Don N.

    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 08-28-2016 at 03:42 AM.
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Search no longer works at all

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    FYI.... I click the link you provided it work okay my end.

    You might be getting redirected through google.adverts or amazon servers, I-drive , luna.brease servers, blaa blaa... To keep it simple, some of these servers will intercept your web pages and redirect them through their advert servers which might be overlaying your copytechnet pages with advertisements. The advert server may even go as far as removing your incoming web page hyperlinks or spoofing those links to redirect you to more advertisement. My copytechnet thanks like buttons sometimes go wandering. Yes advertisement profiling(brain-adds) slows down your browser access an it's a real PITA.

    Try this temporary fix:
    Go into your browser and delete all your entire cache history.
    In a dos windown type in :
    ipconfig /flushdns

    After that type in :
    ipconfig /displaydns
    (To keep track of which advert servers are accessing your PC DNS cache.)

    If you don't have an advert blocker you may like to source some free ones off the internet. IMHO I don't particularly like advert blockers because I believe they slow my browser down even more.

    To search copytechnet with google or bing, use the below in the search engine edit box
    Example fully type :
    search site:copytechnet.com C35
    or maybe
    search site:copytechnet.com Don N.
    I copy & paste the email link in a different browser I never use, and never been on copytechnet with before. It still goes to same wrong user's page... also the reply from EarthKMTech is not at the end of the thread that the email sent me points to. Maybe he deleted his comment?

    EarthKmTech has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Bizhub 363 Fusing Lamp - in the Konica Minolta forum of Copytechnet.com.


    This thread is located at:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ko...-new-post.html


  9. #9
    Just a fellow wanderer 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,756
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: Search no longer works at all

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Just as a reference, that method of searching no longer works. I just checked. I even turned "revenge mode" off, even though that wasn't necessary before.
    That's a shame, too. I liked that a lot.


  10. #10
    Just a fellow wanderer 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,756
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: Search no longer works at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Don N. View Post
    Not that I would want it widely known, but I tried searching for C35 and got nothing. Yeah, I know, but I've actually fixed a few! Then I tried various Konica Minolta models and got nothing either. I got this email today:
    Dear Don N.,

    EarthKmTech has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Bizhub 363 Fusing Lamp - in the Konica Minolta forum of Copytechnet.com.

    This thread is located at:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ko...-new-post.html

    but when I click the link there is nothing after my last post....
    Could be that EarthKmTech looked at their post after a little bit and thought, "Wait a minute, that won't work at all." and then deleted that post. You'd still get the email.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here