How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Threads ending in the word 'print' show in printable view only

I'm just wondering if this is a forum software setting that could be modified:

Any thread / post title ending in the word 'print' ends up showing in printable view only. No replies appear to be possible.

Given the subject matter often posted about on this particular forum, being able to freely use the word print would be good.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Threads ending in the word 'print' show in printable view only

Re: Threads ending in the word 'print' show in printable view only

Since the word "print" can be misspelled or re-arranged grammatically in the sentence so many ways, it should not be a major inconvenience.
    pr1nt
    printt
    primt
    prin+
    all work just fine.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

True, blackcat4866, true. However, deliberately misspelling or altering one's use of something isn't likely to be on the front of someone's mind when starting a thread or composing a post.

Seems to be there is a vBulletin setting that causes the page rendering to be in printable view when the title ends in the word print. If this is true, then this behavior can be modified (turned off), which would be beneficial in this particular forum's case. I only brought it up as I once again see a thread that will get no responses because of this behavior.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Still, when that happens it is an indication that the person didn't search CTN for answers first. And with all the information that's here already (including the posts that tell in no uncertain terms that using the word "print" in the post title will do exactly that) it isn't unreasonable to expect new people to search the forums for answers before asking for help.

Actually, there at least used to be a way to get around that too, even I could sometimes convert print friendly posts to repliable posts once in a while back in the day. I noticed that some of the print friendly posts did get replies then and I found out how from those. I haven't done that in a while though, so that might not be the case anymore, and I hadn't thought about that for a while, so I don't remember how that's done right now either. Sorry. When I have time I'll look at the test forum to see if I can find that info again. At least I think that's where I left it.