Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Title ghost image

Just a suggestion.

I was wondering if a "ghost image" could be added to the title field of new post to encourage good titling of posts. I'm sure you would agree that a good title makes searching for things much easier. I would suggest "brand, model, fault description".
    Thanks for the work you do in providing an excellent resource. Jim.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Title ghost image

Re: Title ghost image

Quote Originally Posted by jimmcgee View Post
    Just a suggestion.

I was wondering if a "ghost image" could be added to the title field of new post to encourage good titling of posts. I'm sure you would agree that a good title makes searching for things much easier. I would suggest "brand, model, fault description".
    Thanks for the work you do in providing an excellent resource. Jim.
    First, what do you mean by a "ghost image" and exactly how is it supposed to help?

Second, if you start your thread in the correct technical forum, "brand" is not necessary.

Third, I do believe that to facilitate your desire would require a rewrite of the forum software that this site uses. Note the word uses. The admin on this site does not write the software, they along with a number of other forums purchase it from a software vendor.

Re: Title ghost image

By ghost image I mean a prompt in the title field so you know what to write there. The Bing search box has it. It disappears when you start to type.

Brand is probably not necessary, since you should be posting in the correct forum, though if you're browsing by latest post or such it might be handy.

I thought the software was probably proprietary but wasn't sure. I can see that makes these kinds of tweeks difficult, and probably not worth while. Anyway, as I said it was just a suggestion.

Thanks again for the great site.