Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Lower Reputation for No Follow ups

Don't know about you but I am getting tired of people posting questions and then never responding with the solution.

a) it goes against the purpose of this site. we should be searching the forum for solution to our problems. If all we get are suggestions we could be wasting a lot of time and money.

b) it's just rude when we take time to research and post to help someone and they never post back with an update (or even a thank you)

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Lower Reputation for No Follow ups

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Don't know about you but I am getting tired of people posting questions and then never responding with the solution.

a) it goes against the purpose of this site. we should be searching the forum for solution to our problems. If all we get are suggestions we could be wasting a lot of time and money.

b) it's just rude when we take time to research and post to help someone and they never post back with an update (or even a thank you)
    or when there are 3-4 people telling them the same thing to solve the issue, and they don't follow the suggestions given, and bitch about the replies.

or NEWBIES that come in .... post CRAP in the threads ( not EVEN pertaining to the thread topic ) burning up the site with over 115 posts w/ spam ads.

Or the people who don't want to spend a penny, want a free fix.

So when you reply the need XYZ part all the sudden they say "yea, I tried that"

Sure you did, then why didn't you say that in the beginning??

That's most forums out there. Even the Ricoh Forums, on the TSRC website, lack a lot of follow-up or updates. I'm the type that likes to post a solution to anything that challenged me, or if it hasn't been brought up in a forum before (no matter how simple the fix), because it could help someone like me, who likes to scour these forums when they're stumped, to compile some info/ tactics that may not have been tried yet and could possibly be a fix! You can have a thousand posts of suggestions from other techs, but if that original poster with the issue doesn't come back and say what they think definitively solved the issue, then we're all left guessing and wondering and Wasting time.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

I know it's a bit of a restatement, but how many times have we seen it where a newbie posts a question, it triggers a long winded debate among a dozen other members, and we never hear from said newbie again.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I agree and is why I always try and post solution after getting support here.

Keep in mind many "newbies" are end users trying to repair their own equipment and avoid paying us! So go ahead and give out how to enter service modes, etc.
    Some think it makes them look good to give out that info but in reality it's hurting us small guys.